Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
yawarakai

I have been cloned

Just when I almost caught up with bills and had enough to get through a pay period, I got cloned.  I have 2 unauthorized transactions on my debit card atr a time when I was working and had to call my bank to report fraud,.  Now my debit card is cancelled and I have to wait for the bank to complete their investigation before I recover the money,  I have $70 to last me a week and half for gas and groceries.

I cashed in rewards points at the gas station for a gift card to buy gas this week.  I am going to keep adding funds to that card for use at the pump as I think that is where I got skimmed and cloned.  I usually grab the card reader and yank to see if a skimmer is there.

• Like 2

Oh, I'm so sorry, Y. Gas stations are the worst for skimming. Praying the Lord straightens this all out quickly.

• Like 2

Unfortunately the thieves have a key to the pump and the skimmer is behind the panel. Usually the honest owner is unaware as the typically do it to the pump farthest away and facing away from the line of site of the cashier. 

• Like 2

I pay cash at the pump. I don't trust gas stations.

Sorry to hear about your trials, shouting out a prayer for you.🙏

• Like 1

My bank refunded the money Friday.  Fast action, but PayPal has a consumer guarantee also.

So I had enough gas to go see the Steam Locomotive in the national park.  I want to go again next week as it is a only running for 2 weeks and my dad wants to see it.  Only a 40 minute drive.

They sell ticket to ride the train, but the normally $15 tickets are jacked up to $25 - $75 for the Steam Event.  They stop the train at a station mid route so passengers can take photos then use a diesel locomotive to pull it back to the first station.  There is a meadow they go by after the last station for people who want to see the train.  The park service has free parking and rangers to ensure nobody gets too close to the tracks.

• Like 1