Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
EBraten

Map creation software for fantasy writers

I got an email about this piece of software called Wonderdraft which you can use to create great-looking maps, even if you have zero artistic talent. It costs $29.99, which is way cheaper than paying a graphic designer to create a map for you. I almost wish I were writing fantasy right now so I could play around!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Wow! Too bad I can't decide if it works with a Chromebook. Plus, why does it have different levels of stuff to buy, but only one price. Did I miss something? 

• Like 1

Different levels? Do you mean the technical requirements? I think it was trying to indicate what sort of hardware you need to have in order to use the program. I don't think it would work with a Chromebook. 🙁 I see only Windows, Mac OS and Linux there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaryKaithe said:

Would this only require a footnote and reference?

I don't really know. You're allowed to use it commercially, according to their user agreement. I don't know whether you're required to include a credit (as in map created in Wonderdraft). I would ask them directly just to be sure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EBraten said:

Different levels? Do you mean the technical requirements

Maybe? (Not a tech person.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alley said:

Maybe? (Not a tech person.)

From what I can see, the "Bare Minimum" is the lowest level of computer hardware you need to run the software. "100% Doctors Recommended" is pretty good, and "Unadulterated" means that if your computer has that level of power, you'll have no problems at all running the software.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EBraten said:

From what I can see, the "Bare Minimum" is the lowest level of computer hardware you need to run the software. "100% Doctors Recommended" is pretty good, and "Unadulterated" means that if your computer has that level of power, you'll have no problems at all running the software.

Oh! Ok! See, when you say it in none tech talk I get it! 😄

• Like 2

I know what.... I am offering my para-legal services to check this out. I used to create forms for schools and businesses to use in writing Legal stuff for special ed kids. It may take a week, but I think I can find the answer.

• Like 1

Performers, exercise

trainers, etc.  pay into a fund every year or month that covers them if they use copywriter material.  Maybe there is something like that out there, that covers you for each year?

Edited by MaryKaithe
fixed word

46 minutes ago, EBraten said:

Different levels? Do you mean the technical requirements? I think it was trying to indicate what sort of hardware you need to have in order to use the program. I don't think it would work with a Chromebook. 🙁 I see only Windows, Mac OS and Linux there.

Is chromebook an operating system? the others are all created based on l & 0.

I even know how to go into the actual programming to change what someone says in ads on the internet...Shhhhh don't tell anyone.  

1 hour ago, MaryKaithe said:

Is chromebook an operating system? the others are all created based on l & 0.

A Chromebook has a unique operating system- and Android I think.