Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
yawarakai

New Monopoly game

They are bringing out Ms. Monopoly to bring a spotlight to the pay gap.  No more investing in land, instead you invest in inventions by women.  At the the start of the game men get $1500 and women get $1900.  As they pass go men get $200 and women get $240.   Also new tokens will be in the game like a white hat and a watch to symbolize Uncle Pennybags passing the hat to his neice and it is time for a change.

• Like 1

Isn't this game as sexist as the "pay gap" they're claiming to fight? Pot, meet kettle. lol!

This from a woman in tech. 😉

• Like 2

When I was young, there was an advertising slogan that said, "We've come a long way, Baby." It was to women and about women. And we had. And we have still.

But now that we are equal to men, (not to be confused with "just like men,"), they want to make victims out of us?

Nope. Nopenopenopenope.

I'm not replacing reality with a myth, even in a game. Women's pay is comparable with men's pay. There are two good reasons they may not be dollar-for-dollar equal though:

1. Many women take time off from working to have kids and then take care of them.

2. Because we are different than men, we tend to pick work related to who we are. By very nature of the fields, as an office worker, I wasn't paid as much as hubby was when he was an HVAC mechanic or steamfitter. Good, because physical labor isn't my deal. xD

• Like 2

That slogan was for Virginia Slims cigarettes.  A cigarette just fir women.

At the construction site I have seen no women laborers, but the female operators make more than them because of their skills.  One runs a crane and drives a truck, she makes as much as the male operators.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jonjovi said:

They have made so many editions of this game. Even one from my hometown called Hagerstown-opoly.

image.thumb.png.3c1f51c19a75dde2a780b2dbea5fb1f2.png

But game play was mostly the same with all the new versions, this time they are promoting a view.

We live in the golden age of boardgames. Why does anyone still play a dinosaur like Monopoly? 

My grandson likes to win.

So there I am, patiently building my real estate empire, and he gets bored. "The one with the most money wins!"

At least it's not Fortnite.