Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
MaryKaithe

Flash writing

I know everyone so enjoyed my last attempt at a game of flash poetry.  I just thought it might be fun to share either your fantasy place where you could write a best seller, or have you ever written something in a very odd place?

MK

My husband is writing a guide to running a waterpark hotel exclusively for ADHD people.  It goes along with his Family ADHD Conference...No teacher's allowed.  OMG, and yous guys call yourselves creative.  One day at school just before winter break, and we teacher' s were bonkers, and sober mind you. I started a chain letter that everyone had to come up with a movie title that matched how romantic your mate is.  It was hysterical...But I guess you guys are just too straight and conservative...You know what they always say, If you remember the 60's you weren't really there.

Now raise your hands...How many of you were greasers in school?

How many were Hippies?

How about Nerds?

Sliding down a huge mud hill and tracking mud into the dorms and blocking the drain pipes?

did any of you riot and take over a building after Kent State?

How about streaking.

I know we are Christians, but even God has a sense of humor.

That is a good one, has God ever played a Practical joke on you?

Mine was actually a practical joke on my husband's family....Mike married me, and I've done all of the above, except streaking.

I wasn't into all that '60s stuff. And I wasn't a greaser. Not a hippie. Not a nerd. I guess I was more of a preppie. Sort of. ;)

That chain letter sounds fun. :D

18 hours ago, MaryKaithe said:

I know everyone so enjoyed my last attempt at a game of flash poetry.  I just thought it might be fun to share either your fantasy place where you could write a best seller, or have you ever written something in a very odd place?

MK

I have my fantasy writer place. My big comfie chair in the living room and hubby is still asleep. xD

I tried using a notebook (electronic, not paper), outside, but it doesn't work. I'm too nosy looking around to write. Nothing happens in this living room, unless hubby is awake, so I don't have to be nosy.

But I have experience coming up with my next scene in some odd locations. I hate being idle, so my best thinking spots are washing dishes or waiting to see doctors. The oddest was an hour in an MRI machine. But, boy, the scene was fully scoped by the time they pulled me out.

I have been in more MRI machines than I care to count. I am claustrophobic though. That sounds like an excellent idea. I will try it on my next round of tests for my spine... I've done my share of praying during them though.

My oddest and most frequent place is either when I'm taking a bath or (embarrassed) on the commode. It sometimes feels like God gives me my best ideas when I'm there.

Lynn, I wanted to apologize for my last message. I hope it didn't upset you. Truth be told, God has actually told me, (in my thoughts and through the book of Joel,) to write my abusive memoirs.) Why would God want me to do that? How could that possibly be of benefit to others? based on my reaction to your suggestion, I realize I need to do some more work, but that's good.  I may have invited her into my heavenly garden, and have sat between my grandmother and her, but I haven't discussed how much she damaged me. 

I think it might be because I no longer blame her. Through looking into my ancestry, and all my years taking grad level classes, I came upon the reason she was so insane. Believe it or not, my maternal grandfather died of the Spanish Flu in 1818. There were few jobs and the only job he could find was taking away the dead bodies throughout New York. They were living in Manhattan at the time, which was a slum.  

The government stepped in and enacted a "law" that widows with children who could not find work, had to relinquish their children to the government for care and feeding.  My mother was only three years old when she was literally ripped from her mother's arms and she and my aunt were taken away from their mother. My study of child psychology, learning theory and child development gave me an answer for why my mother was so seriously mentally ill. My grandfather was at what they called an Almshouse hospital when he died. The two girls were seized right after his death. They were supposed to be placed in an Orphanage, but the orphanages were full up. My aunt Mary and my Mother were placed in an insane asylum instead. Mom was only three years old. My Aunt Mary was six. I heard about it from my aunt, she told me how disgusting my mom was while there.  All she did was cry the entire time.

I know the most critical years of development of personality and trust occurs during the first 5 years of life. A child learns  empathy. An infant is born with an innate need to survive, so they are very Narcissistic. It is during this time that they "learn" compassion and all that entails. My Mother and her sister stayed at the asylum for 3 more years. They were two very different kinds of people as adults. My mother had no identify, my aunt an intense desire to achieve. 

Fortunately, for me, my maternal grandmother lived with us for a long while when she first got sick. She died of cancer during the first night I prayed for God to take her.   I was only eight years old when I lost my "surrogate" mother.  Katie protected us all while she was alive. She brought stability and some control over her seriously damaged daughters. Trump is doing that now with the children coming to the border of America. It feels so unfair that God would put Katie such sever losses. It was easy to lose someone to the government system, but hard as hell to get them back.  Maybe this is why I am to write both Katie's and my stories. What Trumps and the government is doing, psychologically, is the future destruction of thousands of Mexican and South American families.

Do you think that may be why I have to walk through that torture chamber again? I don't know if I have the strength! I know that losing both sets of parents to a government facility destroys a vital time of development for all ages of children, but especially gives them intense lack of empathy,  incredible sense of abandonment, and no trust in others.

Please pray for wisdom for me. I have spent 38 years in various therapies, and somehow passed that lack of trust on to my precious sons. I want you to know I found an answer to this type of loss.  Oddly enough, I am extremely emphathetic. It is like I inherited my mother's share of empathy. My brother's only got a little of it, but I had my Grandmother Katie, whom everyone tells me was the kindest and most gracious woman they ever knew.

This is so hard! But I am pretty tough, and somewhat like my mother with my anger addressed and heaped upon injustice and those who "won't" forgive.

I'll try to act more normal. Remember, I said I was a gifted actress?  Well I am, but I have the Holy Spirit in me and I have genuine Love in me also.

To everyone,

I'm sorry this was posted publicly. Was not my intention.  Please forgive me for my rant.  I have not lost my faith through worse situations.  This is also not just spooky, but also Mary Kaithe. I don't know how I did this or what I did wrong to have to resister using my other pen name.  I promise you all that I will try to overcome these feelings of doubt and self pity.

I want you all to know that God is using you in my life for encouragement and to awaken areas I was not aware are still there.  Wow I'm embarrassed. I won't give this up.  I've been writing all my life, and I am a DRAMA QUEEN.

thank you for being there,

I will rely more on faith and Jesus

I promise,

MaryKaithe

Wow...I had this amazing written apologetic, lengthy, and somewhat medically grounded breaking message to everyone, that has somehow traveled into the ethos? It was very impressive and informative so I am deeply sorry I cannot finish it. I hope I eventually find it so I can attach refs. from scientific journals, etc.  Since I firmly believe in God's omnipotence, and all attributes of our Lord, I must believe I wasn't supposed to submit it.

I will be deleting spooky_2 because I only want my MaryKaithe persona, closely related to who I am, writing to you.  Sorry for the mix up.  Here are two pictures to help you know it is really me...LOL

Arya.jpg

emotion wheel.jpg

pictures downloaded on 07152019 027.jpg

These are two of my sons when they were in Parquor (environmental gymnastics. I just love this pic. HaHa.)

MK

Edited by Spooky_2
Lost other proof statement and excuse....

You lost me for a bit there. When you wrote "Lynn," I assumed you meant Lynn Mosher, so I went with that was a private message between you and her. (I didn't read it.) And then, I didn't know that was you, Mary, so was still thinking someone I don't know was talking to Lynn. (I've dubbed myself "The Other Lynn.")

And now, kind of stuck, because this is public, and I don't know how to separate that which you don't want everyone to know from that which is okay for everyone to know.

But I can give this to you, because this is something I wouldn't mind everyone knowing. When I finished college, I stumbled into counseling. (There is no way I should have been a counselor, since I was never educated for the job. On the job training is not educated.) You know how some people can go home and not take work with them? I'm not one of those people. It ate me up, AND I was so bad at it, I once waited four months before finding out if someone I was counseling killed herself after some of my less-than-brilliant counseling. (Thankfully, she did not.) I'm not cut out to be a counselor, so I avoid it.

I can write somewhat, so can help there.

So, I'll help with the writing, but not with counseling/family issues. And, truthfully, you really don't want me helping with that part.