Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Alley

Author about page

My page would be so long, people would give up.  I'm not trying to sound conceited, but how many of you knew I was a red belt in hapkedo and tai Kwan Do? That I was riding on a train when we hit a semi-truck filled with, of all things, toilet plungers. That I road Dressage competitively? 

I think we are very diverse and colorful people and the scientist in me would love to collect the data to create another archetype...the all knowing, all seeing, omnipresent and omniscient creator, us!  I think  we need to seem maybe more visible to others. Not such a mystery. 

I'm thinking about our calling in scripture of what we are to think on. I would never have even read Harry Potter if I had known more about JKR; let alone get my kids involved. We serve the living Christ and are dedicated to bringing people to Christ.

Ah ha....I will finish this on the writer's page..Got a great reference for what we writers are doing....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaryKaithe said:

Some of us are what they call "Too Sensitive." (I always argued no one is ever sensitive enough)

As a side note, writers must develop a thick skin. Critiques are meant to help us learn. If we do not have a teachable spirit, how will we grow? Most critiquers are very kind. And those on here are. But out in the world, there are critiquers who are not as kind in the way they offer help. And yes, those can hurt. Nine times out of ten, a critique will offer something constructive. End of side note. ;)

• Like 2

I almost did. But unfortunately, my appendix decided to almost erupt and an operation kept me out for a while and I never got back to riding. o_O:oops::(

• Like 1

OK. I give up.  I have spend 3 hours this eveing trying to identify a template for my author website. using Word press and Wix. 

I want to keep it simple and clean at this stage. Can anyone suggest an example of website to look at or a platform to use? please?

Thanks