Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Alley

Author about page

1 minute ago, lynnmosher said:

Make it interesting. :D

So far we have a parade and hot air balloon trips planned. Next, we need some paratrooping snapping turtles! 

Ok, seriously, making it fun and intreating is what I'd like to do. 😊

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Alley said:

Ok, seriously, making it fun and intreating is what I'd like to do. 😊

Oh, good for you, Alley! ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alley said:

paratrooping snapping turtles! 

Count me in for that!! 🥳😆

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PenName said:

A bullet point random facts about me section could be fun. 

Oooh I love those. :oops:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alley said:

Sorry, joking around. Clearly, the sass is strong with me today! 😁 😄

These are not the writers you're looking for. 🤚

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Alley, definitively make it fun! Humor always grabs my attention, but if it's too long that will lose my attention. There are lots of things you could do, but short and sweet (and funny) does it for me. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sophie said:

Alley, definitively make it fun! Humor always grabs my attention, but if it's too long that will lose my attention. There are lots of things you could do, but short and sweet (and funny) does it for me. :)

Short and sweet on the website, back of the book, or both? 

• Like 2

Well, I'd say on your website you should be good with 150- 200 words (max?), but I don't think you could fit that many onto the back of the book.

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Well, I'd say on your website you should be good with 150- 200 words (max?), but I don't think you could fit that many onto the back of the book.

That's actually the recommended size of the back of the book. Which explains why they use tiny letters. 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alley said:

Author bio. 

Now, @Sophie, here's where you put the Ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

Really?! Well, I must have read something wrong somewhere! o_O

No. It is the same for the blurb too. Crazy? Yes! Yes, it is! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

150-200 words for both?

That is my understanding — 150 to 200 words for each one. At least on the book. I think you have more leeway on a website, but I've not seen a good figure for it yet. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alley said:

That is my understanding — 150 to 200 words for each one. At least on the book. I think you have more leeway on a website, but I've not seen a good figure for it yet. 

👍 

I'll keep looking. I think there is a range/"suggested", but it's your website, so mainly just preference.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

And avoid words that people won't recognize, but make it more than third grade.

Grammarly says I use more unique words than 95% of its users. Good for bragging rights, but not an author bio.

• Like 1

I think it shouldn't be a parade. I never told my best friend all the things I had done and learned in my life.  I had to write what amounted to a small resume for a page in the Playbook, it was embarrassing.  My friend said she didn't even really know the person I wrote about. But every word was true. I didn't even realize how much I had accomplished.  I gave me quite a confidence boost. Some of us are what they call "Too Sensitive." (I always argued no one is ever sensitive enough)

But sensitivity does bring along with it intense feelings, and it is important to consider what others might say about our work. Especially "Am I understandable, reaching my target audience.

I'm not saying be ostentatious, but it would be nice to know more about everyone's specialties, calling and motivation for the Kingdom. It might be very encouraging to the early or late in life novice.

MK