Author about page

Alley

I'm wondering what everyone would like to see on a website for the author about page. What kinds of things would you like to know/read about, and what types of things do you find irritating/disappointing to read on these pages? 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, suspensewriter said:

And, count me in for you newsletter.

Aw, thank you! I'll let you guys know when it's up and running. 

2 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

No, seriously speaking though, as much as you dread it, you've got to have a picture.

Yes, I know. Now to actually take one. 

1 hour ago, suspensewriter said:

A little bit about your background, and what you hope to accomplish as a writer.

Any specific ideas? I want something more than the generic, boring, everyone talks about that, stuff. 

Aw! I read yours, @PenName. Very nice start! 

23 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

See, Sarah- I told you!!

Y'all like me, and you know it! 😁 

But seriously, if we take the box or "supposed to" and chuck it over the hill, maybe light it on fire, what else would you guys like to hear about?

Well, how about the facts of your life?  You're a mother, a caregiver (that should play heavily into it) you suffer from severe dyslexia (so forgive in advance any spelling errors), you've had a hard life but your struggling to make the best of it and how writing is your dream come true.  And a statement about your faith- you can't forget that!

Archived