Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

If this doesn't give you goosebumps then...

...then you may be deaf! Be sure not to stop in the middle. You'll miss it. What movie does this remind you of?

• Like 2

It wasn't written that way but it's been sung and recorded that way. You probably haven't seen the movie. Maybe this will help. Don't stop in the middle again...

• Like 2

Well, I was going to say something with a nun or a sister something, but I don't know that movie. . . 🤔

• Like 1

I love that movie. I love this video. I got a kick out of watching the people in the audience as they reacted to the music. They all responded to it.

• Like 1

Sister Act, folks! One of the best movies ever.  I literally can not hear the original song (which was about a boyfriend) without flipping it around to being a devotion to God because of that movie.  :D   If you haven't seen it, you have to put it on your bucket list. 

Oh, I'm talking aboutthe original Sister Act, not Sister Act 11. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Is that from a film?

Not originally from a film, but it fits wonderfully well when we shift the context a bit...

There's a slight change in lyrics, repeating the phrase, "...away from His love..."

• Like 1

That's my promise song! The promise given to two guys in my life.

God in 1972.

Hubby in 1980.

Amazing how often that's my answer when younger people ask, "What's in it for me?" And, in both senses too. Sometimes they think the only reason Christians are Christians is so they can go to heaven. And the only reason to marry someone is what that person can do for them. 

Truthfully, I am so gobsmacked about God and hubby, that I would follow him no matter what. Just can't not.

And then they laugh at me when I post that song, but sometimes it's because they get it. (And sometimes it's because they think I'm old for knowing it. xD)

But here is the version I know. (I like your version better. Can't believe they're nuns. lol)

Sounds like the track from Sister Act.  Whoopi Goldberg is a Vegas headliner hiding out from the gangsters by pretending to be a nun and leading the choir.