Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
PenName

Story from my classroom...

So, I just had to share this little anecdote.

I have an extremely gifted student in my fifth grade class this year. He finished his personal narrative project in two days flat. I put him on an extension project and thought to challenge him by asking if he wanted to learn about foreshadowing or dramatic irony first, to work on using in his extension. His response? “Well, I already know about foreshadowing, so let’s look at dramatic irony.”

😳😂

What am I going to do with this child?!!? Lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, PenName said:

What am I going to do with this child?!!? Lol.

Just let the boy teach himself.  He sounds like someone who doesn't really need a teacher,  so unless he asks for advice, don't give him any, and don't get in his way. 

• Like 1

How did he learn those terms?  Has he had training before?  If he truly understands and can apply what he knows, I'd say encouragement will be your main role.  But it could be a real challenge to keep him from getting bored while teaching the others. 

When ,my granddaughter was around that age, she showed real writing promise.  The school actually allowed her to go to lower grades and read some of her stories to them.  From there, she started asking the students what they would like to hear.  Then she would take all of their ideas and turn them into stories, usually combining several ideas at a time--which often turned out very tricky and interesting.

• Like 1