Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Came home from work last night, my parents had picked up my meds for me.  My insurance will only cover a 30 day supply and I have to wait 30 days to pick them up, so according tot he insurance company I picked them up on the 3rd one month I can only get them on the 3rd or later every month from now on.  I wound up cutting the pill in half as I was out on the last day. Then I found out my copay went up on it.

Well I went in the kitchen and my mom who is feeling sick was preheating the oven to bake something.  My dad had cleared off the stove by putting everything in the oven including the plastic handled spatula and the frying pans.  I had to pull hot stuff out and set it aside to cool down, the spatula I ran under cool water.  Fortunately I use a lot of cast iron pans.

I did 3 sinkfulls of dishes before passing out for the night but still have not caught up on the dishes. At least I have them all off the stove and the dining room table.

What would happen if your doctor wrote a prescription for a 90 supply? Maybe they only do a 30 day because that's what the doctor wrote. Do you use Good Rx? Praying for you all.

Talk to your insurance company. That's not right. 30-days is 30-days, not a month. And it's an important distinction since both July and August were 31-day months.

Also, do you live in the US? Because co-pays shouldn't change during the year for an insurance company. We have to figure out which insurance company is best for us during open-enrollment, but once decided the prices remain the same.

And, again, if you live in the US, check out pricing online. Walgreen and WalMart give $4 co-pay for most of the common generic meds. $12, if you do 90-days. (Other places do too, but I don't remember them, since they aren't near me.) Going through your insurance company isn't a requirement, if you can get a better deal not using them. The downside to doing it that way is convincing your doctor to write the script, since they tend to like sending them to one pharmacy electronically.

Also, if you're flat-broke, (and there is broke and flat-broke. Broke isn't broke enough), find the pharmaceutical company that made your meds online. They often have ways of giving the meds for free for those who are flat-broke. (Flat-broke is below the poverty line. Broke is right above it. ;))

9 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

What would happen if your doctor wrote a prescription for a 90 supply? Maybe they only do a 30 day because that's what the doctor wrote. Do you use Good Rx? Praying for you all.

She does write a 90 day they only give 30..

4 hours ago, Spaulding said:

Talk to your insurance company. That's not right. 30-days is 30-days, not a month. And it's an important distinction since both July and August were 31-day months.

Also, do you live in the US? Because co-pays shouldn't change during the year for an insurance company. We have to figure out which insurance company is best for us during open-enrollment, but once decided the prices remain the same.

And, again, if you live in the US, check out pricing online. Walgreen and WalMart give $4 co-pay for most of the common generic meds. $12, if you do 90-days. (Other places do too, but I don't remember them, since they aren't near me.) Going through your insurance company isn't a requirement, if you can get a better deal not using them. The downside to doing it that way is convincing your doctor to write the script, since they tend to like sending them to one pharmacy electronically.

Also, if you're flat-broke, (and there is broke and flat-broke. Broke isn't broke enough), find the pharmaceutical company that made your meds online. They often have ways of giving the meds for free for those who are flat-broke. (Flat-broke is below the poverty line. Broke is right above it. ;))

Turns out the drug company was discounting the co-pay so I was getting it free.  My free period ran out so now I have  to pay the co-pay.  Without the co-pay it is a couple hundred dollars.  And at the beginning of the year the doctor has to call and tell them it is a needed drug because they won't renew without it.  The office nurse told me she spends the first few days of the year doing this for all the patients

• Like 1

Even though it may feel like a good idea at the time, buying clean silverware when all yours is dirty is not.  The drawers are all full and there is still silverware in the drainer.

At least all the dishes in the house are finally done, only took 6 sink fulls.

20190904_220721.jpg