Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Bob Leone

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!

But this I don't understand:

The managers get the day off at the store. The hourly associates get doubled attendance penalties for calling out sick.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, EClayRowe said:

The managers get the day off at the store. The hourly associates get doubled attendance penalties for calling out sick.

Where do you work? In a sweat shop? 😨

I work at our local Walmart Supercenter.

Holidays can be stranger than normal in retail. We may get mobbed or we may get skunked.

I understand the double penalty.  Twenty percent of the associates call out anyway. 

• Like 1

I am off that day, the crew that I watch will not be working as they are all union.  I might get a call to work some other account for time and half.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EClayRowe said:

Holidays can be stranger than normal in retail.

That's very true. Same for other places people go on holidays. 

I hope everyone who can has a wonderful holiday. :D

I'm off but without pay.  Managers get it, though.  sigh--at least I have a free day to write. Yippy :)  as well as have time with family.  But I'm so sorry others have to work.  It's why I don't like to frequent stores on holidays.  It encourages bosses to keep them open so too many people lose time with family and friends or needed rest.  I think they should be boycotted and everyone get holiday pay; especially this one--isn't it suppose to be a day of rest from Labor?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Becky Bradley said:

But I'm so sorry others have to work.  It's why I don't like to frequent stores on holidays.  It encourages bosses to keep them open so too many people lose time with family and friends or needed rest.

Not just stores work holidays, security, police, fire, medical....

I work security so I work all the time.  One of my accounts is a Sunday account so I have to be there every Sunday.  Last night I got called in because of a no-call no-show, worked until Midnight and slept 4 hours before getting up for work today.

• Like 1

Turns out I was sick, but I went in anyway. Losing the holiday pay and an extra point was just too much, and I felt better after the naproxen kicked in.

• Like 1