Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
yawarakai

My mother is upset

I am writing a new story with the theme of Moses in the river.  Granny makes a cute little rag baby doll and puts it in a basket in the river for whoever God wants to send it to.  I printed up what I had wrote so far,  She came to me today and said she is upset because I left the baby bobbing in the basket in the middle of a river floating downstream.  I have to save her.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Your mother or the baby doll?

or the granny

• Like 1

I once left them in the air, having just jumped off the side of the building. Another time surrounded by knives for twelve hours (while I slept, of course.) Could always say "I need to go rescue __" or "so and so is waiting on me to solve their problem". But then people would look at me strangely.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

I once left them in the air, having just jumped off the side of the building. Another time surrounded by knives for twelve hours (while I slept, of course.) Could always say "I need to go rescue __" or "so and so is waiting on me to solve their problem". But then people would look at me strangely.

Wha???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Are you rescuing dolls, mothers, or grannies here?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Oooh. I think I get it.

• Like 1

Well I sent the baby down a hill to the forest where all my characters live so someone will find her soon.  Then of course they will tell Miss Rosie Owl who will tell them all the story about Moses as a baby in the river.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/26/2019 at 10:37 PM, Sophie said:

I did that last night while I went to the theater. Left my character unconscious. (he still is)  While I spent a nice evening watching a movie, he was  stuck in darkness. Now I have to go and wake him up.

Edited by Sarah Daffy
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Still haven't woken him up. (Can't figure out how)

Edited by Sarah Daffy
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Still haven't woken him up. (Can't figure out how)

Have you tried shaking him and giving him coffee? 😁  EMS responds with smelling salts?  Water drips on his face?  A stray dog comes and licks his face?

• Haha 1

I think I know who is going to find the baby doll, she is in the river in the forest so she is close now.  Little Hailey has a favorite doll later in the book and loses her for the parable of the lost sheep.  So Hailey will find her early in the book for Moses.  That brings me up to 10 short stories and 34 pages without illustrations.  My last book had 15 stories so I want to try and find 5 more Bible stories I can adapt to my story telling.

• Like 1

Got an idea today for Mary and Martha.  Two of the kids at a church potluck or picnic or something, one running around making sure everything is perfect for everyone, getting juice for the little kids, bringing coffee to the pastor, bringing tea to Miss Rosie and the other sitting there talking with the pastror about the Bible and God until the first one blows up.

• Like 1