Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

8 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnddd. . .

Got it.

The Heap

If only he will open his heart. . .

UMMMMMMMMM Since my wife is helping with this one, we are mulling it over. Thanks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

Sometimes we get so connected to a title that it's hard to modify it.

true, but this one really fits in my opinion. Considering the sub title of "if he will only open his heart" or maybe something a little shorter

• Like 1

Ummm "The Heap - With an Open Heart"  I don't know about that.  trying to think more along the result of the conflict, while open heart fits that, it just don't ring for me. 

Was thinking more along the lines of  "The Heap - Family Restoration" since in the end that's what really happens. But that don't ring so well either. Your'e right though, may have to come up with a totally new title.

• Like 1

Apparently it's a good idea to come up with the title last, and just assign a working title for while you're writing. 

Cry, the Beloved Country was given its name after it was written. Apparently, Alan Paton asked a couple friends to write down something that, for them, summarized the story, and they both wrote that phrase. (Disclaimer: I'm quoting this from memory, so I do stand to be corrected). 

My advice: Keep "The Heap" as a working title. But be prepared to change it. Inspiration may come at the most random of times, or from the most random of places.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, carolinamtne said:

Claire often has good ideas.

Yes she does. 

• Like 1

Okay, after giving this some thought and discussing it with my wife. We are thinking; 

The Old Heap

Or

The Family Heap

Or leave it as it is and take our chances. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

Wait a minute, what does The Heap refer to in the title?

Originally the car, but they have a heap of Family problems so ...

• Like 1

"The Heap of Restoration?" "The Restoration Heap?" "The Restoring Heap?" "

• Like 1

Not sure what I'm going to call it right now. I still have time and I need time to think about it. 

• Like 1

Soon as I decide that, I can seriously look at book covers. 

No one ever told me it would be this hard to make what seems to be a simple decision. 😟

• Like 1