Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Alright, doing some research into titles and found at least two other books with the exact same title, and several others with similar and/or containing in the title "The Heap". What's the industry position on this? Do I need to come up with a different title or maybe add a subtitle? I have to assume since I found two with the same title, it appears that it doesn't really matter. But is that true? Does the group have any information on this?

• Like 2

Just don't use the same one as a super popular one. If someone looks up, 'Moby Dick' they won't be looking for yours and search engines will automatically take them to the most popular. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

I think I would consider adding a subtitle. ;)

Yea, was seriously thinking about that. Just have to com up with one.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The Heap

Best book under this title ever!?! 😃 😁

Edited by Alley
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

William Faulkner wrote a novel named "The Hamlet".   It was later made into a movie.  The Movie Studio was careful to change the name to "The Long Hot Summer", so that people wouldn't get the wrong idea, that the movie star Paul Newman was portraying Shakespeare's Hamlet.

• Like 2

The Heap - Restoration. I'm not sure. Lots more thought about this. It would probably feel better if I could apply the term to more than the car in the story. "The Heap - Restoration of Family" make more sense.

• Like 1

Just now, Sarah Daffy said:

Is this subtitle like a tagline or what?

To the best of my understanding, yes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

Why don't you just title it "Restoration of Family?"

ummm, I don't care for that as the sole title.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Can you give me a summary of the entire book?

Here's the blurb

Edward and Jean lose nearly everything they have in a series of unfortunate events. Despair and loneliness set in when they can’t find the house that holds all their hope for a fresh start in a new town, and their car stops running. A reminder they are not alone, and help to repair an abandoned home comes from an unexpected source, if Edward will open his heart.

• Thanks 1

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnddd. . .

Got it.

The Heap

If only he will open his heart. . .

• Like 3