Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Lucian Hodoboc

Young adult Christian literature

What are some of the best young adult Christianity-related novels, novellas or even short stories that you can recommend? Personally, I'm interested in the "new adult" subs-section of young adult fiction, which means that the target audience is over 16 years of age or, preferably, older than that, and the books tackle more mature topics. The majority of writers seem to think that mature topics means giving in to your hormones and having casual sex, but wouldn't it be nice if teenagers were presented with novels that addressed issues such as their Christian identity, the benefits of avoiding the worldly life even at the expense of being considered an outcast within their peer circle, the joy of seeking God in the midst of life's troubles etc.

22 hours ago, Bob Leone said:

Lol, wait a month or two when my book comes out.

"They Don't Cast Shadows".

An unabashed plug 😀

It sounds like a nice project. 😎 I wish you the best of luck with it! Have you published novels before?

• Like 1

Yes, I agree.  Trying to get work published which fit that description is incredible hard these days.

My first novel - Natural Talent - was not aimed specifically at the 16+ Christian young adult but YA. It dealt with the more weighty issues. Some agents told me it was not 'gritty' enough and by others - christian agents - it was too gritty.

• Like 1