Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Melanie Sarabia

My STRANGE encounter

IS WAS ABOUT OVER FOUR MONTHS AGO THAT I WAS ASLEEP ON MY OLD COUCH THAT I FELT THREE TAPS ON MY SHOULDER THEN IT STOPPED, THEN A FEW SECONDS LATER THE SAME THING HAPPENED AND STOPPED AGAIN AND THEN IT HAPPENED ONE LAST TIME AND I WOKE UP AND I LOOKED AROUND AND NOTHING WAS THERE. NOT ONLY THAT BUT I HAD AT LEAST THREE DIFFERENT ANIMALS SHOW UP IN FRONT OF MY MOM'S HOUSE AT DIFFERENT. THE FIRST ONE WAS A CROW, THE SECOND ONE WAS SOME WEIRD ANIMAL THAT NOT ONLY CHANGED COLOR AND HANGING UP SIDE DOWN BUT IT FLIES AND THE THIRD ANMAL WAS A EAGLE . 

• Like 2

I will preface my answer by saying that I prefer to keep people's supernatural experiences at arms length: I know they can and do happen but I also know that it is possible for someone to be misled, lying, etc. That being said, if you were given legitimate signs, this is my stab at interpretation (which should also be taken with a grain of salt).

1. The three sets of three taps: 

Tapping on the shoulder is a way of getting someone's attention. Given that you were asleep on your old couch I would say that this indicates you need to be alert and paying attention and not comfortable and complacent in your old routines. The three sets of taps may indicate that while you are in this state of watchfulness you will be given three three part signs, the significance of which will cause you to "wake up", i.e. have a revelation of some kind.

2. The three animals: I would interpret these animals together as the first three part sign:

Crows are scavengers often associated with death. 

The fact that the second animal was one that you are not familiar with is probably significant and given its capacity to change color and hang upside down could represents transformation into something new with a changed perception and better adaptability for life. You also specifically mentioned that it could fly. No mention was made that the other two could as well, this indicates that the creature's capacity for flight is interpretively significant while it is not so for the other two. Flying probably represents new freedom brought about by the transformation.

The eagle is actually the most difficult part to interpret I think. Eagled have both positive and negative conotations in the Bible. They are regarded for their speed, the security with which they keep their young, and the way they take flight is used as a metaphorical description for how God's people are to wait on and be lifted by God. However they are also an unclean predatory animal. 

My take would be that the crow represents the things in your life that feed off your current distress and weakness, the new creature represents a transformation you must undergo, and the eagle represents why that change must take place: the trials to come will not merely take advantage of you opportunistically but will also actively hunt you.

3. Signs to come? If my interpretation is up to snuff, two more sets of signs should still be on their way.

*Important note: I do not know myself to have any gift for interpretation. In the Bible when interpretations are given for dreams/visions the person who had the dream or vision seems to be imbued with the wisdom to judge whether or not the dream has been interpreted acurately. Otherwise Pharo's magicians would have simply made up an interpretation that sounded good and Joseph would have sat in prison. Same deal with Daniel and Nebuchadnezzar. If my interpretation does not ring true to you then it probably isn't.

• Like 2

Entoman, I moved your thread here where it's more appropriate. I also divided it into paragraphs as it was very difficult to read. You might want to reconsider using all caps when typing. On the internet, it comes across as yelling. A word or two is fine. Just not a lot of text in caps. I haven't had a chance to read through this yet, so I'm sorry I'm not any help. :)

• Like 2

Sometimes dreams are just that, dreams. 

People try to interpret them, but most of the time, 99.9% of the time, they are just your brain unwinding from the day. Your brain is a wonderful, marvelous organ created by God. It needs to  get rid of useless daily information and reorganize during its down time. It does this work while we sleep. While it is "cleansing" itself, we experience this reorganization in dreams. 

I remember vividly when I was younger seeing a movie, War of the Worlds the old version, and dreaming of a Martian attack. Now did it have any supernatural meaning? No, it was my brain reorganizing. 

An article in Time Magazine Quote: "Modern psychologists and neurologists, armed with imaging equipment including PET scans and MRIs, have taken things to a deeper and more technical level, speculating that dreaming is the brain’s way of dumping excess data, consolidating important information, keeping us alert to danger and more.

But why do dreams take the particular shape they do? Why do you keep dreaming about having to cram for finals years after you graduated from college? Why do you dream about flying, or being chased by a wild animal, or showing up at that always-embarrassing party with your always-absent pants? And why are there dreams so stark or bizarre or seemingly perverse that you will carry them to your grave rather than revealing so much as a single detail about them to anyone in the world?

The least glamorous explanation for any dream is that it serves as a sort of data dump — a clearing of the day’s useless memories and a caching of the valuable ones. Researchers had long suspected that that process, if it exists, plays out between the hippocampus — which controls memory — and the neocortex, which governs higher order thought."

• Like 1

Melanie, you are courageous to put your experience out there, not knowing how other people will react or what they will think. 

Entoman, you sound like John Paul Jackson.  Interesting. :)   It could be prophetic.  I've had a few prophetic dreams and visions myself that have come true, but Bob is right.  Sometimes our brains can overload and one of the ways it deals with it is a "data dump". 

Melanie, you are a writer.  That makes us more sensitive to our world, spiritual or otherwise, than noncreative people.  So it is possible it was prophetic.  But creative people's imagination can go in directions we never thought of, too.  You might want to be open to all possibilities, including whether it was real or an overtaxed mind.

• Like 2