Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

Banned keywords on Amazon plus other articles

🤨 Ok, I get the sexual references, but sister? What if I write a book about twin sisters? What then? 

• Like 2

Considering my story is about a "little" teddy bear who lost his "mother," so looks for new "family," and finds new "brothers" and "sisters," Amazon is out. ¬¬

• Like 2

OK I am going to show my ignorance here - what exactly are 'keywords' and how do they work on Amazon.

I am asking because I have signed up to kindle to upload my self-published book.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shamrock said:

OK I am going to show my ignorance here - what exactly are 'keywords' and how do they work on Amazon.

I am asking because I have signed up to kindle to upload my self-published book.

Thank you for asking that!

Also, so those words that are banned can't be in your book? Or your title? Or your what?

• Like 1

Looking at all the words that are now banned, I can't imagine any book about anything, that wouldn't be banned.  This means that no writer will waste his or her time posting any of his or her writings on Amazonbooks or Kindle, which will be putting itself out of business.

• Like 1

Not the book!! Keywords are the words someone might type in the search bar to find your book. @Accord64 or Lynn might be able to explain that better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't know how good this guy is, although, I know he specializes in Amazion KDP stuff. Anyway, he might explain it a little better. 

Here is another one on why keywords are important. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

Hmmm... I think I liked PC culture 01 better!

Agreed!!!!! 

• Like 2