Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Writer4Jesus

Marriage problems - need prayers

Just pray for me, please.  I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders right now.  My husband is threatening to leave if I don't stop "bossing" him around.   I feel he's suffering from Venous Dementia, but I can't straight up tell him that.

I was thinking earlier that , that's what happens when I marry "unequally yoked".  Look at the wonderful grandson and daughter I have.  Look at the pros and cons.  I don't know what to think right now.  I'm just trying to be in an attitude of prayer.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Guest Igor Evgen
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Writer4Jesus said:

I don't know what to think right now.  I'm just trying to be in an attitude of prayer.

I pray for you. In Promised Name Jesus.

You might do well to go as far as your Local Christian Church and ask for Prayer Backup of a Pastor & Prayer Team (if they, by the Grace of GOD, have one). Think about the Sacrament of Confession.

May GOD bless you & your home.

Edited by Igor Evgen
correction

I do hope you will seek out a Christian counselor or pastor. You need to talk with someone who can see you through this. Sharing your heart with another will lessen the burden. But, and you know this, the Lord carries that burden for you but you have to let Him.

Lord, please show Writer that You are constantly with her, that You will carry her burden, that You are her peace and comfort, and that You are working things out for Your purpose and in Your timing. Bless her with all she needs. In Jesus' name, amen! 🧡

• Like 4

I know you posted this 7 hours ago, but you have hit on something I have been thinking about since my brother died   from  alzheimer's the day after Christmas, in 2017.  My brother had just turned  79 in October. I had been to visit him with my husband, the previous years.  My brother had divorced his wife of 43 years saying he could not stand her drinking anymore.  

I've been reading these awful late in life divorces in the paper and it breaks my heart. I am beginning to wonder if some of these are caused by brain disease, and not dysfunction. I will be praying for you, but I also encourage you both to see a neurologist or a psychiatrist to have you both checked.  There are treatments today that can help these conditions.

And never give up praying for his salvation.  I had the honor of leading my father in law to Christ on his death bead.

God Bless,

MaryKaithe

• Like 4

On 8/14/2019 at 12:45 AM, Writer4Jesus said:

I feel he's suffering from Venous Dementia, but I can't straight up tell him that.

Do you  have a family doctor? Does your husband see him or her regularly?  Has he gone through losing someone through their passing away recently?  A dear friend of mine has a husband who was downright mean to her. He lost his mother, his brother, and her dad all within a close time frame. She thought he was going through grief. But no, he had some major illnesses and one of them has progressed to a full-blown disease.  Try to get him to see the family doctor.

Dear Father God: Please help Writer 4 Jesus through this time. Give her your strength to weather this storm. Guide her through each day, each hour. In the Name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

• Like 4

Whoever you seek out to help may he/she be a Christian or at least open to God's prompting. 

God grant her peace and the Holy spirit's wisdom and understanding.  Thank you Yeshua.  I know you love them and will guide and take care of them.  In Your Holy Name, amen

• Like 2