Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
mightyriver

A prayer request.

Hello all i am in need of prayer my name is Jared. 

my prayer is that i would have the spirit of the Lord to rest on me leading me and guiding me into his truth and bringing comfort to my soul that i not worry or fear of what’s ahead. Because i have been going through severe afflictions and tribulation that it is almost like it is hard to continue but i need him and that i would have full assurance that i belong to him.. 

I am really in need of just being with him in his presence.. your prayers would be appreciated. 🙏 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We are happy to pray for you! 

As my personal advice; when I feel far from God, or a need to be closer, I dig into His Word. I usually find a topic I want to study or make the chose to read the Bible cover to cover in X amount of time. Whatever, God places on your heart to do. 🙂 

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

Edited by Alley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jared, if you have given your heart as a home for Jesus to reside, you are His. Always and forever. He will never leave. He is always with you. Only a thought away. You are a worthy home for Him because that's where He lives. He makes you a worthy vessel. I learned a long time ago that praising the Lord is my best defense against any negativity the enemy attempts to throw at me. May the Lord bless you with a special touch of His presence. :)

• Like 3

Lord, Jared is struggling and needs to feel your presence. Touch him Lord, closely guide him in the next few days. Make your guiding hand felt to him as you lead him along the path you have for him. I'm confident that you will do as you promised and answer our prayers. In Jesus name; amen.

• Like 1

Praying! 

One of the verses that helps me a lot is Isaiah 43:2: "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." 

And also, because I too have struggled with doubting my salvation, here's Romans 8:35-39.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Once we've believed on Him, we're always His.  Nothing can change that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HK1 said:

And also, because I too have struggled with doubting my salvation

Mine was Ephesians 1:13-14! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alley said:

Mine was Ephesians 1:13-14! 

Those are beautiful verses!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@mightyriver, here's another verse I was just thinking of :)

John 10:28-29 King James Version (KJV)

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

• Like 2

thanks everyone for the prayers and support i am still kind of new to this journey and this walk of faith maybe the Lord is training me more into his ways and to trust in his Word and let it be my guide i am going on my fourth year since him coming into my life and it’s been a real battle and journey but it’s such a delight to follow him to serve him and to know him more and more 

“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭119:105. 

• Like 2

Guest Igor Evgen
On 8/14/2019 at 2:51 AM, mightyriver said:

I have been going through severe afflictions and tribulation that it is almost like it is hard to continue 🙏 

Hi Jared,

It's better to know what the tribulation is. And what way are you taking. But, if you follow the Will of GOD, mind this:

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed;

for I am thy GOD: I will strengthen thee; Yea, I will help thee;
Yea, I will uphold thee with the Right Hand of My Righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)