Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Alley

tech support Grammarly and ProWrtingAid not work on site

I have noticed that my Grammarly and ProWritingAid have stopped working on this site since you switched platforms. I'm not sure if it is just me, but I wanted to let you know. 

Mine doesn't work either. It's actually stopped working everywhere in my case.

The software hasn't changed on our site, so I'm not sure what is causing it. Are you only seeing an issue here on this site?

Um... That might be something to ask @lynnmosher. I only use mine on here, and my documents. It works in my documents. And come to think of it, it has worked on Oodal. So, I guess three places. 

Hmm, it'll be interesting to see if it still works on oodal. The sites run on the same software.

I've been digging and any instructions for Firefox are not working. I think their new privacy update is blocking Grammarly. Nothing I did made it work. I even removed it and and reinstalled a new one. Nope. Still not working. I just sent them a message. So we'll see.

10 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

I think their new privacy update is blocking Grammarly.

Makes sense. I believe Grammarly logs your keystrokes, so perhaps Firefox sees it as a security/privacy risk.

What search engine are you all using? I have Grammarly pro on Chrome and it is fine.  I did have to go into some advanced choices and click on them, but it's working fine.

8 minutes ago, MaryKaithe said:

some advanced choices

Which ones?? I miss using mine on my Chromebook! 

On 8/14/2019 at 3:25 AM, Alley said:

on this site since you switched platforms. 

When was the platform switched? I've been here since January 2019 and the site has been using IPB 4 ever since.

12 minutes ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

When was the platform switched? I've been here since January 2019 and the site has been using IPB 4 ever since.

It wasn't. I think she was referring to a software and style upgrade. 🙂