Any Other Christian Critiquing Sites?

Lydia

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Same boat. ;) That time together is precious, isn't it?

I've critted a few of your chapters and would be happy to crit more in the new critter group section. My problem isn't time, it's arthritis/carpel tunnel, but I've ordered the Dragon software (voice recognition program) and can't wait to start training it! My writing productivity should go way up! :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Beverly W
I've been wondering for awhile...

Why the critique section of this site is so inactive. I love this site but I have to admit, posting my work only to get 0 reviews, or even 1 or 2 is disappointing to say the least. If there's another site for Christian critiquing, then please, fill me in.

I'll still continue to post here as it's a wonderful site overall and the moderators are amazing and have helped me tremendously. But I'd like more feedback on my work. Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

Guest Beverly W

Why the critique section of this site is so inactive. I love this site but I have to admit, posting my work only to get 0 reviews, or even 1 or 2 is disappointing to say the least. If there's another site for Christian critiquing, then please, fill me in.

I'll still continue to post here as it's a wonderful site overall and the moderators are amazing and have helped me tremendously. But I'd like more feedback on my work. Thanks to anyone who can answer this.

Flp, Lydia is referring to the workshop/critique forum.

Lydia, it used to be very active. So many that used it have moved on but not to other critique sites. Just on their own. I wish I could help but, realistically, I don't have time for it. So I'm sorry I'm not able to help out. I'm really not aware of other critique sites. Do you have a local writers group?

Hi Lydia, as I comment earlier, there is ACFW. It has a yearly membership fee, but worth it. And you get plenty of critiques. Also, I'm always open to critiquing a writer's chapter or manuscript for the return favor.

Mary Ball

I am an older member who did leave a year or so ago for another (secular) critique site. I had found the few crits I got here were unhelpfully vague and 'you-pat-my-back-I'll pat-yours'. As a newbie to the whole thing, I found it difficult to learn how to critique in a style that I would like to receive, too.

However, I realise that by leaving I have only contributed to the vicious cycle, so I am returning. I can't promise how active I will be, but I will try!

Arbie

Hi Lydia,

I write historical fiction, generally YA, but with romance not more than a subplot - at least so far. :) I tend to rework a story over and over for years, rather than move on to my new ideas. Someone tell me if that's a bad thing or a good thing?? I love writing, and the learning process that goes with it, but I have definitely found is that it is one thing to learn stuff and quite another to work out how to put it into practice!

However, at the moment I am attempting a ghostwriting project - an elderly friend's autobiography. She is an amazing storytelling, but translating verbal stories into text... well, to be honest, it is not going well. I have definitely bitten off more than I can chew! I wish I had been there so I could put in details without interrogating her about it, which she does NOT like. I'm starting to think I either need to time-travel, or decide to just record her stories and not really ghost-write...

Looking forward to getting back to my fictional worlds!

Arbie

But it's not ready, it's not! *grabs story and hides it behind her back, plotting another extensive rewrite*

True, Lynn, and yet surely the author ought to think it is decent before sticking it out there? I mean, if I have 'something is wrong with this' feelings and it is my baby... ?

Guest Beverly W

Hi Lydia, I recently found another good Christian critiquing site. It's called FaithWritiers. They have a free membership at their "silver" level, but you have to pay a membership fee to upgrade to "gold" and "platitum" levels. I hope you find the feedback you need for your writing! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I don't know if it's too late to reply, but even though I am new here, and not yet a very established writer, I would definately be interested in a critiqueing group and I intend to be involved in the writers workshop on here as soon as I get enough points.

I

The critique section here used to be quite busy. I stopped critiqueing because a few people who posted only wanted to hear "I love this" comments.

I felt the same way, Carol. I'm happy to help out others with a critique from time to time, but it is frustrating to use one's precious time to read the work of others, think it over, craft a useful and kind response if all the author really wants is a pat on the back and a well done. That led me to stay away from the critique section of the site. I don't know what the solution is, but I hope something can be worked out so that those who want some serious feedback are able to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived