Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Alley

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood official trailer

Anyone else want to see this? I heard he was a great Christian, but I am worried what Hollywood will do to it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know the movie was being made, and will certainly look out for it.

I believe Fred Rogers was an ordained minister, but no matter what, his gentleness and love reflected Christ in a big way.

One of my daughters watched him after school, and when i got home in time, I would watch with her. She would hug me the whole time as she watched. While I know that probably half of that hug was actually for Mr. Rogers, it made for a very happy time.

As for what Hollywood will do with the movie, it looks at least like the producers chose to remain true to Rogers' warmth and tenderness. This seems to make sense, as I'd suspect that the movie's audience will largely be Rogers' fans, not those looking for something negative.

Thanks again; it'll be fun to watch.

• Like 3

Now I'm going to have that song playing in my head each day and every day for the next two weeks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yup. He was a Presbyterian minister and received over 40 honorary degrees, plus the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2002 and a Lifetime Achievement Emmy in 1997. He was also inducted into the Television Hall of Fame in 1999. I'm just sad someone else wasn't selected to play the part. But then again, no one in H-wood would have the same beliefs/character to match Mr. Rogers. o_O

• Like 2

Hollywood would definitely have a problem casting someone who could live up to Mister Rogers. i suppose that getting Forest Gump was the best they could do...

• Like 2

And the other Mr. Rogers movie just came out this year. Won't You Be My Neighbor.  It was more interviews than a depiction of his life.  I liked that movie and so did my mother.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wes B said:

Hollywood would definitely have a problem casting someone who could live up to Mister Rogers. i suppose that getting Forest Gump was the best they could do...

Um, getting Forest Gump is the best they can do? Not saying that the production will be an accurate portrayal, but I can't think of a more accomplished actor to hand this role to. Just the short scenes in the trailer leaves me in awe of Tom's ability to transform himself into a character. It gives me hope that they'll get this one right.

• Like 1

I left the wrong impression. I agree. Tom will probably portray Mr. Rogers the best. However, I have feelings about H-wood and its participants that are far from being thrilled about them. And especially in a role as a minister. :(

• Like 1