Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
mightyriver

Shipwrecked faith and a seared conscience

On my early journey since Jesus came into my life it has been a great fight of afflictions and tribulations striving against sin. There was a couple times where i shipwrecked my faith in the word of God it talks about in the latter days some will depart from the faith and give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils and having their consciences seared with a hot iron. 

I happened to be one of those people that were giving heed to seducing spirits i did not know till later and did not want to be one of the some that departed from the faith so i continued in my faith trusting in Jesus. I made shipwreck of my faith when i was reading scripture i thought i knew what the text was saying but i was listening to a seducing spirit and it led me to a pit and shipwrecked my faith on one occasion and another time my conscience became seared i was desolate and very concerned for my soul i did not want to perish but i trusted in the Lord Jesus that he came to save me.. and during the time i was trusting in Jesus the Holy spirit led me through his Word. and i followed the holy spirits leading being very attentive to the scriptures and reading what the holy spirit was guiding me making sure that it was the holy spirit guiding me making sure it was no evil spirit and i was lead in the right doctrines in scripture and i’m not sure what happened but the Lord restored my conscience and restored me having my mind recovered and with sound doctrine.. the Lord restored my faith and my conscience no matter how bad or severe the case was he healed me and i am so thankful and grateful glory to God for his Word and his blessed Spirit. 

This is one of my testimonies of one of the wonderful great things the Lord has done for me and still i lean to him he truly is our Savior

• Like 4

Amen! This is so encouraging to hear. Thank you for taking the time to post this. I know that when we get caught in an addiction it is so easy to have our conscience seared by the repetition. It is so hard when that happens. Even when we try to stop, it feels as if it will just suck us under. I am so glad that Jesus is greater than any pit we fall into. He has done for me what He has done for you. I rejoice with you in your victory and pray that you will continue to follow Him in faith for all of your days.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mightyriver said:

the Lord restored my faith and my conscience no matter how bad or severe the case was he healed me and i am so thankful and grateful glory to God for his Word and his blessed Spirit. 

Wonderful testimony!  It reminds me of one of my favorite couple verses.  John 10:28-29: "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."  Once we are saved, Jesus will never let us go!

Edited by HK1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi mightyriver, isn't your God a truly mighty God...how wonderful is that? Our God is mighty, gracious and amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Mightyriver, Jesus never lets us go.  He indeed is faithful. God bless you.  Your faith being restored, is just wonderful! As you feed on the Word of God may you go forth like a mighty man of valour.  The battle is the Lord's and He has already won everyone of them.  Keep pressing on and running the good fight of faith.

Hi Nalini. Gracious comment, encouraging.

I must not forget to also welcome you to CW and to thank you for your relational efforts: 6th post and going strong...!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.