Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

This is a topic that hasn't been broached in quite some time: pirates! Those nasty scavengers that scour the internet, snatching up others' work and selling it or giving it away. When you have a published book, you need to do a little research to see if it's being pirated. Here is an article that will open your eyes to the problem if you've never known about this or if you have, it will alert you to some new info.

• Thanks 4

Ah, the always present scourge of eBooks: Pirates! You can fire off DMCA notices, but new ones spring up all the time. It's like playing a perpetual game of...

BabyishMassiveBorer-size_restricted.gif.5b1fe0cc12da129ae2f29af3cf483d22.gif

It might make you feel good for a little while, but most agree it's a never ending, no-win struggle. 

I quickly subscribed to a commonly held thought that battling pirates is a waste of time. If they do have your manuscript (many only have preview samples), they're going to give it away to those readers who wouldn't spend money on a book anyway. So have you really lost a customer? Maybe a few, but I don't think it's enough to justify the time and effort to battle the pirates.

• Like 1

Lynn,

That is an interesting post. I took a quick look, and the site actually purports to have multiple different-language versions of the Harry Potter novels. It's surprising that they get away with it at that level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

This was kind of not what I was expecting this to be about!

LOL Sorry, me hearty! xD

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RADerdeyn said:

It's surprising that they get away with it at that level.

Surely they must have permission. I can't imagine that they don't. o_O

• Like 1

Thanks Lynn, I went and found the web site, and sure nuff, they had two of my books on there. Holy shamoly! The Canadian Russians are coming!

• Like 1