Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
mightyriver

I am still new here..

greetings brothers and sisters in the Lord. 

my name is Jared and Jesus came into my life 3 years ago. i created this account a year ago and forgot about it.. 

but i want to write and have this as a platform to share and also that i may be able to help others though i don’t think i would be much help but to encourage and support others that are in the same boat as i am even though my boat may be smaller lol. 

because i have difficulties when i write sometimes it’s like i have this fire in me writing but most of the time i’m left dumbfounded and discouraged but i am encouraged to press into it.. maybe i have a gift in it but it is something i do enjoy doing if i could just start.. so might as well start somewheres 

but anyways hello glad to be here and hopefully i can press into it and lo and behold that i was able.

• Like 6

Welcome, back! It's great to see you around again. 

28 minutes ago, mightyriver said:

because i have difficulties when i write sometimes it’s like i have this fire in me writing but most of the time i’m left dumbfounded and discouraged but i am encouraged to press into it.. maybe i have a gift in it but it is something i do enjoy doing if i could just start.. so might as well start somewheres 

I think we all feel this sometimes. As in, every writer ever! I've found the biggest obstacle most people have is making writing a habit. Ok, it sounds weird, but stick with me. Write! Do it every day, a little, a lot, whatever you have the time for, but do it. It can be good writing or terrible; it doesn't matter; all that matters is that you do it. You can fix it later. As everyone here will tell you (ok, they told me a lot and were right), you can't edit a blank page. It takes 21 days (so I'm told) to create a habit. I recommend making a point to do so. 

May God bless you and your writing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alley said:

I've found the biggest obstacle most people have is making writing a habit.

I couldn't agree more; that's what have to do a lot of the time with my own work. Or anything, for that matter. Everything always becomes a little easier to do when you make a habit out of it. Then it becomes as normal and unconscious as eating or sleeping!

That aside, it's indeed a pleasure to get to know you, mightyriver. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better and seeing some of your work; I pray many blessings on you and your writing, my friend! :D

• Like 1

Welcome, Jared! Its great to meet you :) 

5 hours ago, mightyriver said:

but i want to write and have this as a platform to share and also that i may be able to help others though i don’t think i would be much help but to encourage and support others that are in the same boat as i am even though my boat may be smaller lol.

Every writer always needs a cheering section encouraging them on. I'm sure you will find that for yourself here, as well be able to cheer others on. So once again, welcome!! 

• Like 2

Welcome back, Jared! Yes, as the others have said, write! Keep fanning that fire. Don't let it turn to ashes. And may the Lord bless your efforts! :D Oh, btw, you will probably find yourself with a nickname: MR. Just so you know. ;)

• Like 3

Hi Jared, I'm so glad you decided to try again.  Never give up.  You don't know what wonderful direction you might have gone in if you do.

• Like 2