Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mightyriver

O God of the living

O God of the living

I am living because of the living one

i walk and hear the sound of my footsteps and remember Christ has saved me from death.

I am living

i see the road ahead and it may be long it may be weary but i behold great things to come to pass. i feel the hand of the living God upon me saying trust me. 

I AM LIVING.

and I embrace the love of God which saved me, I breathe because He had mercy. 

O God of the Living. 

I am alive because in Him is Life,

the old is receding and the new is coming.

thank you

O God of the living.

Seriously?...just WOW...we all need such a reminder.

This is just beautiful!  I appreciate the simplicity of your portrayal of regenerate heart...all while Glorifying the Living one! 

O God of the Living. 

This line repeats three times. In Hebrew something repeated three times means "the perfect representation of..." As in Holy, Holy, Holy... I wonder if this was intentional?

Excellent!

thanks i was just writing this one day i didn’t know that 3 times were in relation to holy it wasn’t intentional it’s just how i wrote it coincedentally ??

Yes...watch for words clustered together in threes...

Holy holy holy means: the perfect representation of that which is...Holy.

"O God of the living" would mean: the perfect representation of... that God which is Living...

The number 3 biblically represents divine wholeness, completeness and perfection. If there ever was a desire to highlight an idea, thought, event or noteworthy figure in the Bible for their prominence, the number 3 was used to put a divine stamp of completion or fulfillment on the subject.

Your spirit filled poem has the same stamp... referring to the Living God!  Powerful!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.