Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
mightyriver

O God of the living

O God of the living

I am living because of the living one

i walk and hear the sound of my footsteps and remember Christ has saved me from death.

I am living

i see the road ahead and it may be long it may be weary but i behold great things to come to pass. i feel the hand of the living God upon me saying trust me. 

I AM LIVING.

and I embrace the love of God which saved me, I breathe because He had mercy. 

O God of the Living. 

I am alive because in Him is Life,

the old is receding and the new is coming.

thank you

O God of the living.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Seriously?...just WOW...we all need such a reminder.

This is just beautiful!  I appreciate the simplicity of your portrayal of regenerate heart...all while Glorifying the Living one! 

O God of the Living. 

This line repeats three times. In Hebrew something repeated three times means "the perfect representation of..." As in Holy, Holy, Holy... I wonder if this was intentional?

Excellent!

Edited by Scribewriter
Grammar
  • Like 1

thanks i was just writing this one day i didn’t know that 3 times were in relation to holy it wasn’t intentional it’s just how i wrote it coincedentally ??

Yes...watch for words clustered together in threes...

Holy holy holy means: the perfect representation of that which is...Holy.

"O God of the living" would mean: the perfect representation of... that God which is Living...

The number 3 biblically represents divine wholeness, completeness and perfection. If there ever was a desire to highlight an idea, thought, event or noteworthy figure in the Bible for their prominence, the number 3 was used to put a divine stamp of completion or fulfillment on the subject.

Your spirit filled poem has the same stamp... referring to the Living God!  Powerful!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.