Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

Hello everyone! I'm new to this community, and new to the whole realm of writing and publishing. I am a retired physician who practiced Obstetrics and Gynecology for many years before being called into the fight against human trafficking. For the past 14 years I've been actively engaged in fighting human trafficking through educating health care professionals how to recognize and assist victims of human trafficking. In 2008, I started a restoration home for minors who are survivors of domestic sex trafficking. A year ago, the Lord called me to write a novel about a young girl who becomes entrapped in child sex trafficking. The title of my novel is Finding Freedom. The novel is written from a Christian perspective, detailing the spiritual warfare involved in sex trafficking. Any help or advice in getting this novel published would be greatly welcomed.

• Like 6

Welcome, Jeff! May God bless you for your work!!!! I too write about abuse and human trafficking. You'll find the people here are amazing and very knowledgeable about the publishing industry. 

• Like 1

Oh, my! Jeff, that 's wonderful! May the Lord bless your efforts to save the victims. So glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alley said:

Welcome, Jeff! May God bless you for your work!!!! I too write about abuse and human trafficking. You'll find the people here are amazing and very knowledgeable about the publishing industry. 

Alley, 

Great to hear that you also are writing on these topics. I'd love to learn more about what you've written and who you used to publish!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, welcome to Christianwriters Jeff! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

• Like 1

Hi, Jeff! Great to meet you! We are so excited to have you with us. :D I am very interested to hear more about your writing. The world could use more exposure about the horrors of people having to be trapped in the life of human trafficking. May God Bless all your endeavors! I'll help you all I can.

Btw, Alley, I had totally forgotten that you write about human trafficking. You'll have to show me some of your work! :)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Barrows said:

Alley, 

Great to hear that you also are writing on these topics. I'd love to learn more about what you've written and who you used to publish!

I'm currently working toward publishing, with some amazing people. 🙂 I too would love to hear more about your story. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alley said:

I'm currently working toward publishing, with some amazing people. 🙂 I too would love to hear more about your story. 

Thanks for asking Alley. I'm happy to share. Most of my anti-trafficking work has been within two different areas, the intersection between health and human trafficking, and the issue of child sex trafficking. Regarding the first, we've now determined that a majority of human trafficking victims encounter a health care professional while they are being trafficked. That's obviously an important means to rescue and provide assistance to them. With that background, I've been involved in training health care professionals on how to identify and assist victims of trafficking that they might encounter in an emergency department, or in their office.

Regarding child sex trafficking, I had the wonderful opportunity to start a rehabilitative home that specializes in the care and restoration of young girls who have been victimized by child sex trafficking. The name of the home is Gracehaven, and you can find more information at the website. 

My experience the past 14 years led me to write a Christian novel about a young girl who is first abused at home, forced to run away, and then becomes entrapped in child sex trafficking (an all too common scenario). Another subplot is a man who is starting a specialized home for survivors of child sex trafficking, obviously drawing from my own experience. Both subplots are enhanced by bringing in the spiritual warfare component that surrounds the ongoing action. I can speak from experience that I've never experience warfare to the degree I did during my time starting Gracehaven, even while I was practicing medicine. I'm currently exploring how to get this novel published. I'd love any insights or suggestions you might offer with your current experience!!😑

• Like 1

I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome into this community. Very fitting for a Christian community. I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you better in the future! 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Barrows said:

I'd love any insights or suggestions you might offer with your current experience!!😑

Mine is actually a series. It covers a lot of the escape and aftermath that comes with domestic abuse and human trafficking. I have one book I intend to cover what it is like for those born and raised inside of a human trafficking ring. 

Let me say God has truly blessed your work! I didn't know about the contact with healthcare works until the last few years. Your efforts have reached here in tornado alley, and have helped to save many! 

As for the rest, I think it might be best to take that conversation to the private messages. I believe you need to be a little more established on the site to use them. In the meantime, feel free to jump into conversations on the site or ask questions. (Also, in full disclosure, my husband and I share an email, so any communication we have can be read by him. It is our from of accountability.) 

• Like 1