Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Rebecca

Music - What are you listening to?

I must be in a mellow mood, because I've had this song stuck in my head for the past couple days. It's not as "lively" as the stuff I usually listen to. 😆 Good song, though.

What are you listening to today?

• Like 1

No particular song. I just love my Pandora! By my selections of a couple of Christian artists in a couple of stations, I also get hymns. No singing in most stations. Mostly soft music. :D

• Like 2

Relient K and Tenth Avenue North when I'm working on promotional/ query stuff. When I'm writing, mostly instrumental.

• Like 2

I look for soundtracks, like @Sarah Daffy, from movies, video games, etc set in specific places. Or even regional types of music. The goal is to match the music style to my setting. 😊 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nicholas Reicher said:

I've got a steady G note in my ears, ringing 24-7.

Tinnitus?

• Like 1

I have been listening to classical when driving,  it really helps my mood when in traffic jams and people keep cutting me off because I leave a safe stopping distance.

When I am on  the highway or feel the need for faster stuff I listen to the Red Hot Chili Pipers.

• Like 2

Off and on tinnitus. And because God's strength is made perfect in human frailty, I made it a character's superpower, where it gets louder when he goes the wrong way!

Mine is more like the chiming music from the original "Lost in Space" tv show that signalled the approach of an alien monster.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

This is one of my favorite songs:

This is actually pretty catchy. 😎

19 minutes ago, EClayRowe said:

Off and on tinnitus. And because God's strength is made perfect in human frailty, I made it a character's superpower, where it gets louder when he goes the wrong way!

As a fellow sufferer of tinnitus, I think this is brilliant! 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Accord64 said:

I heard this one the other day, and the 90's came back to me:

Hey, that's catchy too! 😀 I like it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Accord64 said:

I heard this one the other day, and the 90's came back to me

I remember that one. I listened to that in high school. I have followed this band through the 80's, 90's, and today! Bon Jovi is my go to on most days. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've been listening to everything from God Is In Control by Twila Paris to RIVER by AKB48 to music from my Mega Man X games to David Phelps' Love Goes On to Dallas Holm to Bach to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir to the Osmonds to I don't even know what. My tastes are very broad. :D

Edited by Erin Cook
  • Like 2

For writing, mainly Piano Guys or film soundtracks, Tend to avoid songs with words.

• Like 1

Not really for writing (because I'd be singing them!) But I've had these stuck in my head for what seems like weeks now. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've noticed that a lot of what I write thrives on juxtaposed ideas, irony, paradox, etc.   Guess that's why I like listening to music by Mark Heard:

from musing about a too-quick family reunion that I just came back from...

So much heated rhetoric flying about now, to the detriment of our children, and to the dismay of anyone who longs to "be as a child", Jesus-style... 

Edited by Ragamuffin_John
  • Like 1