Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Captjim

Captjim new here

Hello:

My name is Jim.  I’m a pilot for a major airline.  I flew in the Navy and Navy Reserve for over 25 years.  I also flew as a defense contractor in Afghanistan.  I grew up in the Midwest as an Air Force brat.  My dad passed away when I was a teenager, and my life was topsy turvy because of that.  I overcame my teenage adversity and got an Aerospace Engineering degree.  My Navy career had so many starts and stops, obstacles and interesting characters who mentored and frustrated me.  I tried to get a flying job on the civilian side in the aftermath of 9/11, and that took many twists and turns, phenomenal failures, and crazy coincidences that got me back on track.  I also ended a 23 year marriage after it seemed like everything was finally working out and going my way.  I have reinvented myself, had my faith, perseverance, and emotional and spiritual health tested in so many ways. I feel that it may be my calling to share my story.  Thanks for helping me on this journey.

God bless!

• Like 4

Welcome to our writing family, Jim. Glad you joined us. Sounds like a full journey. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing!

And thank you for your service! :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

And thank you for your service!

Yes, thank you for your service. 🙂 Much respect!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Captain, welcome :)  I recently got a chance to fly after not stepping on a plane in almost 50 years.  I was very impressed with the skill of the pilots since most of the flights were in very turbulent weather.  But the sights from above were beautiful--especially seeing the top of a rainbow on one side and a lightning show on the other.  What an interesting job you have and what wonderful sights you must see everyday.

I want to also thank you for your military service.  God bless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, welcome to Christianwriters Jim! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, Captain! Wow, sounds like you've had an interesting life. I always admire and appreciate anyone who has served in our military! Thank you for all you have done for the country. :D

Looking forward to getting to know you better. We are all so excited to have you with us! God Bless! :)

• Thanks 1

I'm late to the party, but welcome, it's nice to meet you! Thank you for your service!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1