Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Alley

Little known Bible verses

I'm planning to sell some t-shirts with Bible verses on them. I want to do more than the normal ones you find on a t-shirt. I have a few ideas, but I was wonder about you guys. Do any of you have Bible verses you would love to see on a t-shirt, but never do? 

• Like 6

I like these two :)

Romans 8:1

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Hebrews 7:25

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

• Like 4

I like this one, Alley:

"For this reason a man will leave

his father and mother

and be joined to his wife,

and the two will become one flesh."

Or, for brevity's sake:

"In the beginning was the Word,

and the Word was with God,

and the Word was God."

Or:

"For God so loved the world

that he gave his only begotten Son..."

• Like 5

How about: 

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. Psalm 138:7-8  King James Version 

• Like 5

One that I like is,

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? – Matthew 16:26

• Like 4

Not thinking of an entire verse, but:  

How about a T-shirt that says in the front:

When you finished reading this ...

And the back side:  

...was I here?  

Behold, I come quickly

Rev. 22:12

• Like 5

"This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles." From Psalm 34. :)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I Chronicles 26:18. I mean, you will probably never see that on a t-shirt or bumper sticker.

It's part of the ordering of porters for the Temple in Jerusalem. 

Edited by EClayRowe
  • Like 4

“My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” John 5:17 NKJV

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I love Esther 4:14:

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?"

"For such a time as this" is such a beautiful construction of words (to me), and the message is equally powerful. 

Edited by PenName
  • Like 3

This wouldn't be for a tee shirt, but being the geek for Bible background and culture that I am, I love those obscure little verses that remind us how different their world was from ours. 

Psalm 128:6 offers the blessing, "May you live to see your children's children." In a world where so many people died young, it was a meaningful blessing to live long enough to be a grandparent. And in a world where people married and had families in their teens, that was really a wish that the reader/listener would live 'till... 40 or so...

Song of Solomon 4:2 and 6:6. Not only is it a surprise to see this, but it's startling to see it's so important that it's said twice. The young man is praising the beauty of his sweetheart, and in describing all her lovely-parts, says, "Each tooth has its twin; not one of them is alone." In that day, a teenager having a full set of teeth was a thing to marvel at (twice!)

• Like 4

Alley, not going to give you Bible verses, but have always wanted to tell someone who makes T-shirts to think outside the box a bit.

In my younger years, (before I was 44), I was a cool T-shirt wearer. I loved T-shirts that were different, so all my shirts had that. And then the pain hit. I have pain from under my lower ribs to my waist line. Because of that I can't wear anything that binds there. (Pants or bras.) Now, my case is so weird, no doctor has ever told me why, but I also know this happens to some people after they lose their gallbladder. (Lost mine too, but that's supposed to only be a problem with pants binding around the waist.)

I have two choices anymore -- dresses that don't bind around the waist or overalls. Since dresses usually require a bra, (oh, and I hate wearing dresses), that means I wear nothing but overalls.

Overalls, make cool T-shirts a waste of money. No one can see what I'm wearing. Sooo, please consider T-shirts with designs or verses on the sleeves, if for no other reason than I really miss my cool T-shirts. 

• Like 4

Who knew God sings?!  Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

Micah 4:5 All the nations may walk in the name of their gods; we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

Jeremiah 9:24 . . .I am the Lord who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight", declares the Lord.

Psalms 141:3 Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.

Psalms 72:13-14 He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death.  He will rescue them from oppression and violence, for precious in their blood in his sight.

Psalms 34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him and he delivers them.

Psalms 31:21 Praise be to the Lord, for he showed his wonderful love to me. . .

• Like 4

How about, "Wail for the raisin cakes of Moab?"

I'm not a tee shirts-with-slogans-wearing person, but for that one I'd be strongly tempted.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

"The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." Psalm 37:23

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." Isaiah 43:2

• Like 4

Guest Igor Evgen

Alley, 

I guess, you shouldn't do that.

Read Matthew 7:6 and think again.

Igor

Hmmm...I'm confused, Igor. So spreading God's Word and sharing the Gospel shouldn't be done?

• Like 4

Guest Igor Evgen

No. Not at all. Our Great Commission (Twelfth Commandment) is to be followed. However, statistically, there is one Christian out of ten persons. And one True Christian out of ten statistical, give or take. We should avoid blasphemy, inasmuch as possible.

Are you GOD-Gifted full-time Evangelist? I'm not. So, I stop every conversation with whosoever "feeling" the blasphemy possible. 

And remind "Watchtower Witnesses" about the Third Commandment, whenever they approach me.

Thanks for the question. GOD bless you.

This thread is on using Bible verses on t-shirts. So forgive me but I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Igor Evgen said:

No. Not at all. Our Great Commission (Twelfth Commandment) is to be followed. However, statistically, there is one Christian out of ten persons. And one True Christian out of ten statistical, give or take. We should avoid blasphemy, inasmuch as possible.

Are you GOD-Gifted full-time Evangelist? I'm not. So, I stop every conversation with whosoever "feeling" the blasphemy possible. 

And remind "Watchtower Witnesses" about the Third Commandment, whenever they approach me.

Thanks for the question. GOD bless you.

Hey Igor. Since you referred to Matthew 7:6, I assume you mean that we should not share God's Truth with those who will deny the Truth of it.

I will have to respectfully disagree, simply because of the Great Commission itself. We are instructed to share God's Truth with the world, and He did not instruct that only those God has called to full-time evangelism should do so. I fully understand your concern that God's Word not be given the proper respect it deserves, but God did not instruct us to worry about that. It is not on us to worry about it. In fact, God promises in Isaiah 55:11 that His word, as He says: "will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." God will control His word and it will achieve the results He wants. We do not have to concern ourselves with that.

If someone blasphemes the Name of God, that is their doing, and it is not our fault if they do so because they saw His Word or heard His Message.

Another thought - there are thousands if not millions of people who hear the words of God-gifted-full-time evangelists and still deny God's Truth. Not everyone who hears their messages will come to God. But that is the choice of those people, and not the fault of the evangelists. Just as it is not our fault if we share God's word and people ignore or mock it.

(As to the meaning of Matthew 7:6, I do not see it referring to God's Word, since that would contradict the Great Commission. My read would be that it more refers to entering into deep fellowship with those who claim to follow God but really do not. Similar to 1 Corinthians 5:11. Or perhaps not to become close to people whom you know will viciously tear you down for what you believe.)

• Like 3

Guest Igor Evgen

Thank you, PenName. I don't agree.

This conversation may get lengthy. So, what I propose is to wait a bit for the Day when we all will get our Answers from GOD. Okay?

GOD bless you. 

10 hours ago, Igor Evgen said:

God has commanded believers to witness to the unsaved.  Mark 16:15: "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." 

He says "every creature."  We're supposed to witness to all the unsaved.  That's what God has commanded.  Maybe the unsaved person will believe after hearing the Gospel and get saved.  Maybe he won't.  But we'll have been obedient to God, and a lost person will have heard the truth. 

Aren't you glad someone took the time to tell you how you could be saved?

• Like 5

Guest Igor Evgen

HK,

Kindly note, I do know how I might be saved.

It's the way of Prodigal Son only. Luke 15:20.

Care to answer me, how many times have you read your Bible?