Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
MaryKaithe

Just moved in and slowly unpacking -

I would love to share my story but this isn't for a critique. How many words can I post on here? My story is rather lengthy and written in my bio on this site.  I am very serious about my growth as an author. I have an 800 word essay and an 1000 word essay I submitted to WOW essay writing contest, which are both autobiographical, but again I am unsure if I can write it here? The contest has not even ended, but I paid for critique's on both submitted works. I seriously doubt that what I wrote will get anywhere near published, let alone win a prize. Since I can only post once a day, I am conflicted in what I should do. The 800 Word essay is quite metaphorical and looks like prose. The longer piece is about myself and my faith. What would you all prefer to read and where. I only have 7 comments and need 10 to move into other areas of the site. 

Therefore, hesitant to break any rules, but wanting to say hello more formally, I seek veteran advice. I'll try to be patient until tomorrow when I'll hopefully have 10 comments. I am about to explode to share some of my writing with you.

Much thanks,

MaryKaithe

Posted (edited)

Oh my....I'm not doing so well..  too long? Oh btw....where do you put poetry?

Edited by MaryKaithe
being anxious and forgot to ask about the poetry.

MaryKaithe, I moved your thread here where it's a better fit. And no, not too long. Be patient when expecting a reply on a comment. Especially on the weekend. It takes a while for others to respond.

In order to be able to post in the critique forum, you need to have 10 comments (and wait for the system to catch up). However, you may comment anywhere except the critique forum. And when you get there, be sure to read the rules.

You are welcome to post something in the Reading Room. You can explode there! ;) However, it is not for critiques, just for commenting by others. :D

MK (you'll probably be called by this from now on). ;) Just thought I'd mention that to report a post means there is bad language, spam, advertising, or something else that shouldn't be here.

We have had too spammers that post something and run or whatever. Therefore, we have set the rule that every newbie needs ten comments. Truly helps keep the spammers down. If you have any site questions, you are welcome to post them in support. :D

No problem at all. Takes a little bit to get used to things around here.

Oh, good! You're used to MK! :D

Welcome to the flock. Post away, There is a critique section, when you're ready, in addition to the clubs. There is a flag or tag if you want to search for other poetry listed. And you can use it when you post to help identity your work. Have fun.