Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Nikki❤️

The Lies of the Enemy

Why do we believe the lies?

We believe the lies of the enemy and those lies keep us bound. For so many years 40 to be exact, I believed the lies spoken through my step- father as a child that I

was fat, ugly and no one would ever love me. I bought these lies hook line and sinker. I lived every day believing these things about myself. I hated myself and was

sure everyone else did too.

I struggled to believe for so long that anyone in my life could truly love me. I believed that I was fat and literally fed that lie. Every time I looked in the mirror I was

disgusted by what I saw looking back at me. I repulsed myself all because of a lie that I believed for so long. God freed me from the bondage of those lies. It is such

a relief to truly know and believe that people in my life love me. I now see a daughter of the King looking back at me when I gaze in the mirror. Thanks be to God

for His unwavering and unconditional love!

Sometimes It is easier to believe a lie than to believe a truth that hurts so deep. For example: Women in abusive relationships stay and continue to be abused

rather that believe the truth that the person they love does not love them in a healthy manner and if they did, they would not hurt them. The truth is to painful so

it can be easier to live in a false reality that everything is ok. Rather, than believe and accept the truth.

When we are in Christ, lies no longer can hold up. God breaks down that bondage as we come face to face with our individual truths. It’s a painful process that is

life changing. You cannot regret something so amazing and beautiful as being a follower of Christ.

Isaiah 54:17 17No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue

that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the

servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Psalm 62:1-2 1To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. Truly my soul

waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. 2He only is my rock and my

salvation; he is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

Edited by Nikki❤️
  • Like 3

Thanks for sharing this, Nikki! This really spoke to me:

When we are in Christ, lies no longer can hold up. God breaks down that bondage as we come face to face with our individual truths. It’s a painful process that is

life changing.

Blessings!

• Like 1

Hi Nikki. that's liberating. Thanks for sharing. I am praying more people in such situations will find and read this story and come off good, and some will share this around for others to be blessed.

And, oh yes, David. I like that phrase..."as we come face to face with our individual truths"!

Edited by Faithrev/
missing "s" in the word, others. replaced a second "others' with the word, some.
  • Like 2

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback.  I pray my writings will be shared to help others❤

On 9/30/2019 at 9:12 PM, Faithrev/ said:

Hi Nikki. that's liberating. Thanks for sharing. I am praying more people in such situations will find and read this story and come off good, and some will share this around for others to be blessed.

And, oh yes, David. I like that phrase..."as we come face to face with our individual truths"!

On 8/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, David Love said:

Thanks for sharing this, Nikki! This really spoke to me:

life changing.

Blessings!

Thank you David❤

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.