Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Guest Mary Kaithe

Half-Time

Guest Mary Kaithe

Hello,

I am brand new to placing my writing out there.  I do not know what the rules are from this site.  How can you actually enter any of your poetry, essays or short-stories for critical analysis.  I am 68 years old and have been encouraged by a famous author and medical doctor to publish.  I believe my work is only very satisfactory, but I welcome everyones thoughts and criticisms. I am retired from a teaching career in teaching.  I have two degrees and have within my family group two published educational writers.  Please tell me how to get involved without breaking any rules.

Thanks,

MaryKaithe 

Welcome to our writing family. Glad you joined us. You are welcome to post your poetry in the poetry club. I'm not sure if you can do that right away or you must wait until you have ten comments. Forgive me, I've forgotten. 

To be able to post in the critique forum, you will need ten comments (and allow the site to catch up). Be sure to read the rules there.

If you decide to publish yourself, be sure to check with us first. There are lots of scammers out there. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 3

Guest Mary Kaithe

I have a question to ask.  Remember I asked about posting poetry? I was directed to the poetry club. When I went there with one of my poems to share, there was no way to share it.  I attempted to share my poem by going to the club and clicking on the +create button at the top of the page.  Nothing on the drop down choices referred to posting poetry. So I chose publishing I think. 

I was told that I put it in the wrong place, and you helpfully moved it to a reading room. I do not feel that this is where poetry belongs. If it has a special club, shouldn't poetry be placed there instead in with multi-genre works.  How exactly did other people get their poems in the poetry club.  I'm very confused...

Guest Mary Kaithe

Thank you for all your kind help and consideration. I am going to put my computer to bed so I bid you all Goodnight..

Sincerely,

Marykaithe

If it's just for reading, it really doesn't matter. However, if you want to post in the poetry club, as I mentioned before in case you missed it, you need to join first. On the poetry club page, the join button is all the way on the right at the top. :D

• Like 2

Hi, Mary; I am super-late seeing this; I have been so busy with all the commotion and work around me lately I haven't had the chance to get on here as much. But from every one of us here, welcome and it's so wonderful to have you with us. We are so happy and excited that you decided to join our writing family!! :D