Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
AN Smith

Hey Everyone!

Hello fellow writers! I'm so glad I've found you, and look forward to being able to fellowship with other writers for the first time. I am about 13,000 words into my first novel, and am feeling a little lost. I am hoping to find some guidance, and help as I move through this journey.  

I am a stay at home mom from Michigan. My husband and I have four children, ages 2, 6, 8, and 10. All of my children are homeschooled, so almost all of my writing is done after bedtime. It's so frustrating when my characters are talking and living in my head, but I'm stuck teaching long division!

We are very involved in our local church and in my free time I am a missionary to the sex industry. We take the love of Jesus into dark places like strip clubs and massage parlors, in our city. 

The Lord has placed a dream in my heart to be an author. I love to read, but I've found that sometimes Christian fiction can let me down. I want to write God honoring books that entertain and build up. 

I am looking forward to working with you all!

• Like 5

Welcome! It is great to meet you. Feel free to make yourself at home. God bless! :):D

• Like 3

Welcome to our writing family, AN. Glad you joined us. Sounds like you have your hands full as well as your plate! ;) You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around (and check out the writing forum) and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 2

From one homeschooling mama to another, welcome! It's great to meet you! 

• Like 2

Hey, AN! Its great to meet you :) 

Btw, I'm a product of homeschooling. What you and your husband are doing with your kids is amazing!! Totally worth the sacrifice of teaching long division yourself :D 

• Like 2

Guest Mary Kaithe
On 7/24/2019 at 12:45 PM, AN Smith said:

Hello fellow writers! I'm so glad I've found you, and look forward to being able to fellowship with other writers for the first time. I am about 13,000 words into my first novel, and am feeling a little lost. I am hoping to find some guidance, and help as I move through this journey.  

I am a stay at home mom from Michigan. My husband and I have four children, ages 2, 6, 8, and 10. All of my children are homeschooled, so almost all of my writing is done after bedtime. It's so frustrating when my characters are talking and living in my head, but I'm stuck teaching long division!

We are very involved in our local church and in my free time I am a missionary to the sex industry. We take the love of Jesus into dark places like strip clubs and massage parlors, in our city. 

The Lord has placed a dream in my heart to be an author. I love to read, but I've found that sometimes Christian fiction can let me down. I want to write God honoring books that entertain and build up. 

I am looking forward to working with you all!

I have been doing research on my ancestors since 2002. I want to tell their story, but researching the different cultures and matching my family dates into a fictionalized story is overwhelming. Congratulations 🎊🎉 where you are and keep on keeping on. You’ll be amazed how God uses your gift. 

I hope it it is ok to comment. I’m brand new and the rules kind of confuse me. 

Hi An, don't you love homeschooling? :D i homeschooled my daughters with God's overflowing blessings. One became a very caring and hardworking public school teacher. The other is blowing my mind with her wisdom as she guides her young stepson through a troubling childhood.

You are an amazingly brave lady to tackle such a dark part of our world.  Often people are concerned about God's missionaries outside our country, but forget that there are missionaries who are facing perilous situations here, too. 

I pray the Lord's protection over you and anyone who works with you, as well as, those you are trying to save.  I pray the Holy Spirit places the right words and actions in you as you help win people away from that industry and into God's arms.  May he protect your heart and emotions and give you inner strength to carry this through as far as he needs you to.   

May God bring you safely home to your young children every time you venture out.  And may they grow in wisdom, courage, compassion and strength in the Lord. May your loved ones always be under his hedge of protection and surrounded, not only by your guardian angels, but his warrior angels and all the other angels you need.

You have my deepest respect on so many levels.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 5:12 PM, MaryKaithe said:

I have been doing research on my ancestors since 2002. I want to tell their story, but researching the different cultures and matching my family dates into a fictionalized story is overwhelming. Congratulations 🎊🎉 where you are and keep on keeping on. You’ll be amazed how God uses your gift. 

I hope it it is ok to comment. I’m brand new and the rules kind of confuse me. 

Hi MaryKaithe, genealogy is so interesting.  What if you break your family's story down into several books?  It might be easier to choose one person or event or time period at a time.  You could end up with a lovely collection--or figure out a way to combine them once the individual stories are written down.

Would your stories be written for your family's eyes only or will the rest of us be able to read them?  I love historical fiction and learning about other people's genealogy.

• Like 1