Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Johne

Scrivener Fundamentals

My yWriter adventures are on temporary hold while my laptop is in a mouse-induced coma. I bought a mouse to make drag-and-drop simpler, but the laptop seized up, showing the password screen but not accepting my passwords.

Back to pen and paper!

• Like 1

Oh no!  Well, shoot.  That's a shame, EClayRowe.  Could it be a virus?  Or maybe this is stupid, but did you try rebooting it?  What operating system do you use?

Yes, it's probably a virus. The laptop was a gift from a co-worker. I fix issues with her phone once or twice a week.

I was running Windows 8.1. I tried the free upgrade to Window 10, but it kept bogging down.  Customer service said I need "adequate proof of ownership." 

Reboot is asking for administrator password but won't accept the one I supplied. I'll try cracking it open again with a password recovery program.

Meanwhile, I have two other hardware projects going on. One is based on a Raspberry Pi and the other uses scrapped laptop parts to make a steampunk laptop in a wooden case.

More fun than a Heathkit!

• Thanks 1