• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

You've never seen I Dream of Jeannie? ;):rolleyes:

Welp, now I have THAT song stuck in my head...😂

7 hours ago, Claire Tucker said:

Please enter it!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, Claire! Maybe I will. :)

9 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

LOL You ARE young! 🤣 Here ya go:

Rescued from a bottle by an astronaut on a desert island after crash landing there, Jeannie, a beautiful 2000 year-old genie, lives in the house in her bottle of the astronaut, , and poses a myriad of problems for him with her blinking up magic. She eventually falls in love and marries the astronaut.

image.png.f7c622feb300fc3f50a3fad12167cb32.png

and guess who the astronaut is? J.R. Ewing!

lol do you remember the "who shot j.r.?" craze? who knew it would be the most talked about news event of the summer. does anyone remember what other news worthy things happened that year? I actually found it a relief to have something so fun and trivial to occupy my and my co-workers' minds.

for you youngins- if you have seen the new Dallas, j.r. started it all.  he was the quintessential villain that you just had to love on some level just because he was so good at it. I loved that fiendish grin he had when he thought he was winning--which most of the time he was.

Have never seen I Dream of Jeannie; I know it stars Barbara Eden as Jeannie. I absolutely adore Gilligan's Island and the Brady Bunch!! :D

Btw, her name is spelled "Marcia". ;) Take it from me--I'm, like, the youngest, most enthusiastic nostalgia buff the 21st century has ever known!

50 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

Really?! That's awesome!! Who do you like to do?

Different people. Can't think of them all out of the top of my head right now.

Have you seen the Beverly hillbillies? Jane, the banker's assistant? I like doing her "Mister Clampett." 

And The Greatest Showman? Anne Wheeler, saying at the end, "Sure you can" and "what's your act, Mr. Carlyle? Everyone's got an act."

Archived