Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
CBV

Amazon Bans Christian Book

4 hours ago, Spaulding said:

Part of the reason I fear publishing through Amazon.

They sort of have you under a barrel. They are the fifth largest book seller in the US.

• Like 4

Sarah, thanks for this. :)

I had to remove your links as advertising is not allowed accept in the proper section.

• Like 4

😢

I often wonder why I'm alive right now. What can I possibly contribute in this day and age? :(

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

What can I possibly contribute in this day and age?

Don't get discouraged.  God's sovereignty doesn't change, and He has a reason for you to be in this time and this place :) 

• Like 4

Just now, KR LaLonde said:

Wish I knew what that reason is.

:)  The reason is for you to bring glory to Him.  Whether that is through writing a book only one person reads or a book that becomes a bestseller.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey, you should read the post "Dealing with Bad News."  I thinks it's three or four down from this one :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I promise you I won't feel better about this for more than a day. I get discouraged all the time. I hope I remember what you said, though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KR LaLonde said:

I get discouraged all the time.

We all have days, hours, or weeks when we're discouraged.  And the important thing to remember is that God's with us through it all. 

• Like 4

On 7/16/2019 at 12:51 PM, KR LaLonde said:

I promise you I won't feel better about this for more than a day. I get discouraged all the time. I hope I remember what you said, though.

I find it very easy to get discouraged myself, KR; if I didn't have the Lord to turn to, I'd get a heck of a lot more discouraged than I do now, though. :)

• Like 3

On 7/16/2019 at 12:17 PM, KR LaLonde said:

😢

I often wonder why I'm alive right now

I've sometimes wondered the same thing about myself. I just take heart knowing God has me here for some reason, whether I know what it is or not. I get pretty sick of the way things are in the world these days, though. :(

• Like 3

You are the light of the world. So let your light shine before others that they see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. KR, you are a light. Sometimes that is enough.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2019 at 1:17 PM, KR LaLonde said:

😢

I often wonder why I'm alive right now. What can I possibly contribute in this day and age? :(

1900 years ago, the Egyptians wiped out every single Christian in Alexandria. Rome was trying to wipe out every single Christian in their empire too. They were killing 100s of 1000s per day. Christians went into hiding but carried their important scrolls with them.

There were two kinds of important scrolls -- really great lessons and the sacred writings. Whenever Romans found them, they killed everyone and then searched for the scrolls, and burned them too.

Because of that, the Christians hid them in two places. The great-lessons scrolls were hidden well, but in a place that could be found. The scared writing was hidden much better. All in hope that if found, the Romans would find the first, they wouldn't look for the second.

200+ years later and Rome had a Christian emperor. (Constantine.) Finally, after three hundred years of great tribulation whoever was left could come out of hiding, and out they came. With their scrolls.

A council of Christian scholars was formed. It was their job to sort through the scrolls and find out which were the truly sacred. The Gospel of Thomas, The Gospel of Mary Magdalene, and the Gospel of Jesus were found to be fakes. James' letter was heavily disputed for a thousand years to come, but it became part of the sacred writings. We now call those sacred writings "The Bible."

And do understand, they were killing thousands of Christians a day, however the gospel still won out, and there were so many coming to the Lord that when they could come out of hiding, there were many.

You and I have two things in common -- Christian and disabled. It feels like we can't do much, but think about it. How many of those people did the two things we can still do -- share the gospel and hide the scrolls? Without them, there would be no Bible. Without them, there would be no Christians. Without the Lord there would be nothing. Ultimately, He's in charge and put us in the right spot at the right moment to do what He had for us to do.

We can't lose, because He already won. And worse comes to worse, and we're just Jonah, He will make sure we're at Ninevah at the right time. So even if we don't wanna, He'll have us do what He always planned for us to do. ;)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

Well said,  Spaulding!

Yes!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spaulding said:

We can't lose, because He already won.

This should be on a Tshirt!!

4 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

Well said,  Spaulding!

RIGHT!

• Like 3