Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Claire Tucker

You know you're a writer when ...

10 hours ago, Erin Cook said:

You know you're a writer when you accidentally don't pay any attention to the person who's talking to you because you're secretly brainstorming over a new idea for a character that just popped into your head; instead, you just stare at them with a blank face the whole time

So glad I'm not the only one who suffers with this!!! :D 

• Like 4

Please tell me that I am not the only one who recites/acts out entire conversations between people to make sure they sound good...😳🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, PenName said:

Please tell me that I am not the only one who recites/acts out entire conversations between people to make sure they sound good...😳🤣

I do this all the time. Usually in bed...Glad I’m not alone!

Edited by E. Millennium
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, KR LaLonde said:

When your backpack weighs more than your suitcase!

On some of our trips, I have had a laptop or a portable word processor in a carrying case, another case with some books or notebooks. Then my suitcase. Plus, the things we carry for our food, plastic cups and foam plates etc. No wonder we don't travel as much as we used to. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, quietspirit said:

No wonder we don't travel as much as we used to.

Wow! I can certainly understand why you'd think so.

We don't travel as much as we used to, either. I think it's because my parents are so ... old. *shrugs* That has it's good and it's bad points.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

When you meet someone with the first name of your character and you aren’t sure if you should tell them or not.

Like...“I have a character named Jackson. Hehhe...nice to meet you.”

Edited by E. Millennium
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 7/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, Alley said:

Is it just me that gets mad when random people I don't know takes a picture of me? No that's not a joke. I find it a lot creepy and no matter how much of a writer I am, I would never buy that as an answer to why a stranger took my picture. I'm not saying it to make you feel bad, but as a warning, for running into people like me. 😋 Yep, I'm a little crazy! 😜

That sound more like a mystery shopper.  I have done audits of places where I have to take a ton of photos from every angle to get paid.  It is not easy trying not to get people in the photo when the place is busy.  I have a lot of photos of gas stations, supermarkets, bathrooms, food....

• Like 2

On 7/18/2019 at 1:26 AM, PenName said:

Please tell me that I am not the only one who recites/acts out entire conversations between people to make sure they sound good...😳🤣

You refer to your characters as people without even realizing it until later 

😳

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You know you're a writer when you have more notebooks than a high school student, and the stack of unfinished manuscripts is higher than your laundry!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2019 at 10:56 PM, PenName said:

You refer to your characters as people without even realizing it until later 

😳

On 7/18/2019 at 4:26 AM, PenName said:

Do your people have conversations in your head in their own voices doing storylines?  Or is that just something I should talk to my therapist about? 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, yawarakai said:

Do your people have conversations in your head in their own voices doing storylines?  Or is that just something I should talk to my therapist about? 🙂

Lol!!! Only worry if your characters start arguing with you and you actually lose ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Claire Tucker said:

Lol!!! Only worry if your characters start arguing with you and you actually lose ...

I don't worry if I lose an argument with "Dr. Harker." He's a champion debater! (Which means he says all the things I only think of after the arguments are over.) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4