Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Claire Tucker

You know you're a writer when ...

You are the only member in your family who gets excited when reading about bad news and accidents in the papers. (Hey, it could make a good story ...)

And you buy a dictionary. Not because you need one (you already have three). But because it's a dictionary. 

Your turn :D How do you know that you are a writer (besides writing)?

• Like 4

...when you have a permanent bruise on your forehead from banging it against your computer!!! xD

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

This coveys it the best (for me):

writing-meme-3.png.11a4acc1f9a5a54309585cb2f4081f46.png

And yes, the typo in the meme is the cherry on top

Edited by Accord64
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

When you're talking notes about how dinner is cooked or a BBQ went for that scene you're writing. 

Edited by zx1ninja
Spelling
  • Like 6

You know you're a writer when you get writers block for all your books. 

• Like 5

When you are half way leading a service and God drops a  solution to a writing problem you have been tussling with or a brill idea.

Serious - it has happened.😁

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Shamrock said:

When you are half way leading a service and God drops a  solution to a writing problem you have been tussling with or a brill idea.

Oh, yeah! 

On 7/14/2019 at 1:15 PM, Sarah Daffy said:

when you get writers block for all your books. 

:oops:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Or when your camera roll is full of a bunch of random pictures of actors and someone finds it. And your only explanation is :$o_O:mad: 

“They look kinda like some of my characters.” 

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 7/14/2019 at 8:13 AM, Chuck Kralik said:

You spend Friday and Saturday nights surfing christianwriters.com rather than being out with your other friends.

I think that qualifies as a Christian writer! 😉 

3 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Or when your camera roll is full of a bunch of random pictures of strangers and someone finds it. And your only explanation is :$o_O:mad: 

“They look kinda like some of my characters.” 

Is it just me that gets mad when random people I don't know takes a picture of me? No that's not a joke. I find it a lot creepy and no matter how much of a writer I am, I would never buy that as an answer to why a stranger took my picture. I'm not saying it to make you feel bad, but as a warning, for running into people like me. 😋 Yep, I'm a little crazy! 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When you are talking to someone and something they say triggers your imagination.

"That could work in a part of that story that I am stuck on."

When you envision the man who works in the reference department of your library and then you actually see him. (This happened to me.)  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, quietspirit said:

When you are talking to someone and something they say triggers your imagination.

"That could work in a part of that story that I am stuck on."

So true!

• Like 1

When your family looks at you strange for making faces and gestures to test out action beats.

When you watch a movie and zoom into facial expressions/gestures and mentally create descriptions for the those you plan to use in stories.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Alley said:

Is it just me that gets mad when random people I don't know takes a picture of me? No that's not a joke. I find it a lot creepy and no matter how much of a writer I am, I would never buy that as an answer to why a stranger took my picture. I'm not saying it to make you feel bad, but as a warning, for running into people like me. 😋 Yep, I'm a little crazy! 😜

Oh dear! I’m afraid I didn’t make myself clear. @Alley, now that does sound creepy. 😨. I should have said screenshots  of actors and google entries of “red hair” or the like. 😜

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Oh dear! I’m afraid I didn’t make myself clear. @Alley, now that does sound creepy. 😨. I should have said screenshots  of actors and google entries of “red hair” or the like. 😜

Oh! Yeah, I totally do that too! Now I feel blonde. 😜 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You absolutely know you're a writer when you watch a movie or read a book and come across a part that intrigues you, and you think to yourself: now why didn't think of something like that??!

You also know you're a writer when you experience unique day-to-day situations in your life and quickly jot them down in your handy-dandy notebook for future reference as a possible story idea! :D

• Like 3

You know you're a writer when you accidentally don't pay any attention to the person who's talking to you because you're secretly brainstorming over a new idea for a character that just popped into your head; instead, you just stare at them with a blank face the whole time.

🙁🙁🙁🙁😲😲😲😲

And you certainly know you're a writer when you bring your laptop and stack of notebooks to the dinner table and the only sound that can be heard above the clinking of silverware is the noise of a clicking keyboard and crumpling papers and a moaning author who wonders where they heck they're even going with this crummy story, anyway!!

• Like 3

You also know you're a writer when someone intrigues you with a clever remark and you tell them: 

"That was very poetic; you should be a writer!"

:D:D:D

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 8:13 AM, Chuck Kralik said:

You spend Friday and Saturday nights surfing christianwriters.com rather than being out with your other friends.

Haha, so true!! :D

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 1:15 PM, Sarah Daffy said:

You know you're a writer when you get writers block for all your books. 

I've been there....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

when you accidentally don't pay any attention to the person who's talking to you because you're secretly brainstorming

🤫    Guilty as charged. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Erin Cook said:

when you watch a movie or read a book and come across a part that intrigues you, and you think to yourself: now why didn't think of something like that??!

And then spend hours studying how it was built, how it was done, why it intrigued you... :P

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

...when you get up at 2:30 am to get some writing done without phones ringing,, questions, interruptions, or feeling guilty because you should be doing something productive at 2:30 pm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LOL!! Good one!! I'm a horrible night owl, so I'm quite often up at 2:30 A.M. anyway...(ahem)

🕝🕝

• Like 1