Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!

I am not normally the sort of person who does this but I have been feeling very low over the past few days - I think it is because I have completed my WIP (for now) and am waiting for friends to feedback.

In the great scheme of things this is pretty trivial when you look on the news etc. But I have had a difficult year with a significant death in the family and my adult children are still in trauma over it so its mum to the rescue.   Not writing seems to aggravate my sense of balance.  I am trying to be proactive and find a writers' group but unless you live in a major city, it is difficult (which I don't).

I am sure it will pass but just knowing there are folks lifting a prayer to the Lord would be a great comfort to me at the moment.

• Like 4

Praying! 

Have you thought about starting to plot your next work or maybe writing a couple short stories? 

• Like 2

Yes, you are surrounded by a wonderful group when you are here.  We will pray for you, and seek you out.  

Grief is hard work and you must care for yourself as well as your children.  It sounds like you might even be able to lean a little on them for comfort and support.  They are not little anymore.  

Rest in God's love.  And celebrate the completion of your draft!!!!  Yay!  That's a milestone!

• Like 3

Thank you everyone. It is lovely to know people are praying for me.  Usually it is the other way around with my ministry. So thanks.

I had some good news today which has helped. Two writing organisations who fund read MS assessment schemes have told me that although I did not meet their criteria, they have each offered to read 2K worth of my MS and feedback for free.

👍

• Like 3

Shamrock, somehow I missed this. So glad you've received some good news. My thought is as HK's: start something new. You sound like a creative person and when a creative doesn't create, something is not right. Something is missing. There's a hole in the soul. Do you have other hobbies? If not, you might consider finding something creative to fill in times like this. Praying for you. 🧡

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shamrock said:

they have each offered to read 2K worth of my MS and feedback for free.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

There's a hole in the soul.

Love that expression lynnmosher!!

Beautiful.

• Like 2

it has been a few days since you wrote this, so I am wondering how you are feeling now?

my heart really goes out to you. ten yrs ago I faced my husband's death. but I had not stopped being a mother. it didn't matter that my youngest was eighteen. she needed me more than ever. I saw many miracles during that time, so I wasn't alone, but not everybody opened their eyes to see them. however, taking care of my family meant there was no time or emotional human support for me to grieve, too. it took six months, one special song and the sudden realization that I was at last alone for a few hours so I could break down and cry a good cleansing cry.  then the healing began for me.

I understand you will always be a mother and that adult children sometimes need you even more than when they were young. it's alright, mum. you've got a heavenly father's lap to curl up in.  he's got big shoulders to cry on and big ears to listen, too.

I wonder if your grief might, also, have to do with the significant person not being there to share your accomplishments.  if that is the case please remember; he/she will always  be with you in your heart and memories. in that way he/she can share in your dreams coming true, too.

my prayers are with you. when we say shalom twice, it means perfect peace in every part of your life. shalom, shalom sweet shamrock.

• Like 2

Shamrock, I'm so sorry about what you've been going through; God is with you throughout it all, though, and He's the ultimate Comforter! :)

I have a best friend whose father went home to be with the Lord last October; it has been a hard time for the family; without Jesus to comfort them, they wouldn't have gotten through the grief period as easily. But they could certainly feel for you. 

Congrats on the good MS news, though! Will keep praying that things continue to look up for you! :D

• Like 1

Thank your Becky & Erin for your kind thoughts.

I am feeling better now - I suspect it was just a bleep.  It will take time for all of us to settle down in a new pattern of life but we are a close family and will get through this.

Once again thanks for all your support.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Lord, @Shamrock needs your presence, guidance and peace. Please provide all that is needed in abundance as I have full faith you will do unto our cups overflow. In Jesus name; amen

Edited by zx1ninja
Spelling
  • Like 3

Hello shamrock, I hope you are enjoying a fresh sense of grace. Many times in hindsight I've seen the kindness of the LORD back in the shadows when I was praying my bottom line prayer, "LORD, You love me and I love you." At times I can simply rest there and wait to see His goodness. May you see more and more too! I know you will. 

I live in a mega city but it's not my home culture and I'm living among a minority language group also so the thought of a local writer's group...- well, I thank God for this one online:)

God bless you!

• Like 3

Thanks Zx for you r wonderful prayer and Carolyn for your words of encouragement.

It can be difficult to find like-minded people in a  large city. I pray that you will find a writers' group where you live and friendship in those around you.

• Like 2