Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
William D'Andrea

Prayer request for healing of sudden hearing loss.

51 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

My hearing is beginning to improve on its own, without an expensive hearing aid, or medical treatment. 

GREAT NEWS!! Glad to hear it!

• Like 3

I thank all of your again for all your prayers.  I ask that the praying continues, not only for the continued improvement of my hearing, but for other health and fitness problems.

In the Bible we are told that our bodies are Temples of the Holy Spirit.  Mine is in need of a number of repairs, not just to my hearing, but for other weaknesses and discomforts.  I ask for prayers that the Lord Himself will do the repairing, instead of my having to go to doctors.  The only payment the Lord asks for is a tithe; which is a lot less than I'd have to spend on doctors, treatments and medications.  I think that all of us should pray for each other that way.

I ask in Jesus Name.  Amen.

• Like 3

My hearing has returned to normal!  This morning I was able to reduce the volume on my television to what it had been, before my thankfully temporary hearing loss began.  I still feel pressure inside my ears.  Hopefully that will also decrease on its own.  If it doesn't, has anyone any idea of what do about that?

I thank all of you again for all your prayers.

In Jesus Name.  Amen.

• Like 6

That is awesome @William D'Andrea!! Praise God!!

I struggle with pressure, vertigo, and hearing loss as I mentioned earlier. Pressure is my most common symptom. Usually I find it is a reaction to an allergen, such as pollen, dust, etc. 

• Like 3

On 7/10/2019 at 10:51 AM, William D'Andrea said:

My hearing has returned to normal! 

Praise the LORD! 

I use closed captioning on television, I have for almost 20 years. Mostly because I am more comfortable with it on.  This past March, I had what I called "A triple threat " infection. My ears were the last thing to clear out.  I am not a doctor. My ear doctor told me to use "Sensimist" to help clear my head. And  Voila, my one ear did clear out.

I didn't mean to advertise a product here. But it worked for me.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, quietspirit said:

Praise the LORD! 

I use closed captioning on television, I have for almost 20 years. Mostly because I am more comfortable with it on.  This past March, I had what I called "A triple threat " infection. My ears were the last thing to clear out.  I am not a doctor. My ear doctor told me to use "Sensimist" to help clear my head. And  Voila, my one ear did clear out.

I didn't mean to advertise a product here. But it worked for me.

I'd personally rather not use closed captioning.  It blacks out too much of the picture.  With the sound turned on, there is a scale that runs along the bottom of the screen, that measures the volume, so I know exactly how close my hearing is, to what it was before the problem began. 

I've just checked out Sensimist over the internet.  According to the adds, Flonase Sensimist provides nasal allergy relief.  Nothing was mentioned about hearing problems.  However, since you say it works for you, I think I'll give it a try.

Thank you. 

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

I've just checked out Sensimist over the internet.  According to the adds, Flonase Sensimist provides nasal allergy relief.  Nothing was mentioned about hearing problems.  However, since you say it works for you, I think I'll give it a try.

Thank you. 

This morning I went to a local Rite Aide Pharmacy.  I couldn't find Flonase Sesimist.  However, I bought a box of Tylenol Sinus + Headache.  As soon as I got home, around 10 o'clock, I took two caplets.  Now I'm actually feeling noticeably better than I had, but the pressure inside my ears remains the same.  Now my hearing level keeps both increasing and decreasing. 

I think I'll keep on taking the Tylenol caplets.  Even if my hearing doesn't improve, my general health should.  Then who knows?  Have faith in God.

In Jesus Name.  Amen. 

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 2

William, do you have a free clinic you can go to? I'm wondering if this might be wax buildup. You could try peroxide or one of the ear products and see if that helps. Praying all will be well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lynnmosher said:

William, do you have a free clinic you can go to? I'm wondering if this might be wax buildup. You could try peroxide or one of the ear products and see if that helps. Praying all will be well.

Good idea. I once went swimming and when I came out of the water I could barely hear. After I had my ear canal flushed, everything went back to normal.

• Like 1

A few days ago I mentioned that the only payment the Lord asks for is a tithe.  Yesterday I got a money order to cover the full amount of my monthly tithe; which is still much lower than I'd have to pay for medical treatments.  Tomorrow morning, at the Church attend, I will add it to the contributions during Sunday Worship.  Then we'll see what happens.

In Jesus Name.  Amen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Yeah, I think that could be very possible. I remember my mom telling me that when my uncle was a kid, he once got severe wax buildup in his ears; he had to have a doctor take it out. It had hardened and everything! Gross...😝

But I will continue to pray that your hearing conditions steadily improve! I am so glad to hear you're doing better now than you were! :D

• Like 1