Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
William D'Andrea

Prayer request for healing of sudden hearing loss.

I suddenly have a prayer request about something I've never expected.  Starting yesterday afternoon, I've suddenly developed hearing loss.  The inside of my ears felt clogged, and the volume of my hearing is greatly decreased.  Everyone I speak with sounds like their whispering, when they're actually speaking at their normal volume.  I've had to turn the volume of my TV up to more than twice its normal setting.  I hope it's not disturbing any of my neighbors. 

This morning I went to a local Rite Aide Pharmacy where I purchased eardrops.  It's an "Earwax Removal Kit" with the product name "Debrox".  I used it in both ears, following the directions.  My ears no longer feel clogged, but my hearing hasn't improved.  Maybe I should keep on using it, and things will hopefully get back to normal.

Now I ask everyone to pray for the condition to be healed, so my hearing will return to normal.   In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Thank you. 

• Like 4

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry, William. It could also be clogged sinuses. Hope you'll get this checked out. Praying for you.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry, William. It could also be clogged sinuses. Hope you'll get this checked out. Praying for you.

My sinuses are clear.  I don't have a head cold.  I'll wait until Monday morning.  If things haven't improved by then, I'll make an appointment with some local ear doctor.  Please keep praying.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Thank you.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I'm praying! I have heard of this happening to people.  But worst case scenario, there are ways to, to a large degree, restore hearing to people that are entirely deaf.  In other words, don't get lost thinking about worst case scenarios.  Hearing loss isn't permanent anymore.

Edited by TDDracken
  • Like 4

In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I ask God the Father Almighty, to send forth the Holy Spirit, and cast out the devil from my life, and from the lives of each one among us.  Then we will stop being harmed; and will do harm to no one.  I ask that each one of us will be healthy and healed of any and all afflictions; and we will all come to the know the Way of the Lord, and follow Him.

In Jesus Name.

Amen.

• Like 4

I will be praying for you!!

I have struggled with hearing loss (with vertigo, a clogged feeling, and tinnitus at the same time) in the past. It is horrible and I pray you do not have to deal with it any longer. If (and Godwilling it does not) it continues and you have hearing loss at the same time as vertigo, I would ask the doctor about Meniere's Disease (which is what I was diagnosed with). Also, ask about a viral inner ear infection (which is what I believe I suffered, despite the diagnosis - long story), as that can do the same things, I am told.

Please keep us posted.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Thank all of you for your prayers.  This hearing loss is not due to any infection.  I believe it's the result of unexpected exposure to extremely loud noises.  This has caused what I hope is just temporary numbness.

The extremely loud noise came from, I sorry to say, the overly amplified sound system in a Church which I began attending recently.  I'm not the only one who's complained about this; but instead of just lowering the volume to a comfortable level, they've been handing out ear plugs.  That just increased the pressure inside my ears, and may have contributed more to my hearing problems.

While the Pastor is a faithful preacher of the Gospel, the extremely loud music is a hinderance.  It may be a satanic attack on that Church's Worship Service.  It's made me consider not coming to Church at all. 

I could very easily stay home on Sunday morning, and watch a televised worship service.  That does have it's advantages.  I would obviously adjust the volume to a comfortable level.  I'd also know exactly how long the Service would be.  Exactly one hour, or even a half hour.  I could also get up and move around, which is a lot more comfortable than sitting in a pew for however much longer than an hour, that the Service drags on.  I could also make myself breakfast and eat it while watching the TV worship service.

The problem with that, is that there would be no fellowship, and I would not be able to take communion.

I know the Bible tells about the Prophet Elijah.  He was in a cave hiding from the earthquake, fire and storm.  After that, he heard the "Still, Small Voice" of God. 

I ask everyone to pray that I will find a nearby Church like that.

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 4

@William D'Andrea,

Hubby has serious hearing loss, so when he told me to "clean out your ears" several times in a matter of months, I wanted to prove him wrong. (It's not me. It's you. :$) So I went for a hearing test to prove him wrong.

Ends up, I'm fairly deaf in my right ear. (So that's why music sounds like it's always left of me. And, wow, I didn't know our car made clicking sounds when the door unlocked. :confused:) BUT, the first thing the doctor wanted to do was check me out to find the cause of such rapid hearing loss.

Ends up there is no particular reason I lost my hearing, but sometimes it is something worse than just hearing loss. I had to get an MRI to make sure there was nothing in my head that caused it. (I'm still not sure what he was looking for, but the words "growth" was used in such a way it made me nervous.)

Often healthcare insurance offers a cheap or free hearing test for us oldsters. (We're not middle-aged anymore, but we're not "elderly" yet.) Mine also gave me a discount on my hearing aid. (Still, expensive, but a third of what it would cost without it.)

Now I can hear out of both ears whenever I remember to put my "ear" in. (I know it's a hearing aid, but we tend to call them our ears.) Please, get checked out. 90% chance you just lost your hearing, but it's the other 10% you'd want checked out for possibilities. "Growth" is not a good thing to happen inside your ear and leave unchecked. "Growth" tends to keep growing.

• Like 4

Oh, no, William!! I am so sorry about your hearing loss!! Will be praying for it to be restored. :(

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

Oh, no, William!! I am so sorry about your hearing loss!! Will be praying for it to be restored. :(

Thank you Erin.  Welcome back.  I hope you had a very enjoyable vacation.

I've been waiting to see if the condition will improve on it's own, but things haven't changed.  Fortunately, they haven't gotten any worse.

Today l tried to make an appointment for an examination by a local ear doctor, but I had trouble getting through. 

I've also sent an e-mail, asking everyone at the Church I used to attend, before I moved to my present location, to pray for the total restoration of my hearing.

I also thank you, and everybody else here on christianwriters.com for their prayers. 

In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Thank you.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

William: I have dealt with ear problems all my life, ear aches, clogged sinuses, sinus infection, tinnitus . About 18 years ago, had a hole in an eardrum. It rendered me temporarily deaf. I could not hear out of either ear. The ear drum did repair itself, however in the past two years, anytime I have a doctor's appt., she tells me there is scar tissue on that ear drum. About two year ago,  I got concerned about my not being able to hear or understand my husband. I did have to get hearing aids.  I sometimes forget to get my ears on, or as I say, I forget to get wired for sound.  Sometimes, I still can't understand what my husband says but that's due to an after effect from one one his surgeries. When he tells me he can't hear me, I think that the wrong one of us got hearing aids. One day, I told him so. 

Also, I use closed captioning on my television. It can be frustrating. I will pray for God to  restore your hearing.

I've suddenly developed hearing loss.  The inside of my ears felt clogged, and the volume of my hearing is greatly decreased.  Everyone I speak with sounds like their whispering, when they're actually speaking at their normal volume.  I've had to turn the volume of my TV up to more than twice its normal setting. 

Edited by quietspirit
  • Like 4

On 6/26/2019 at 7:19 PM, William D'Andrea said:

I've also sent an e-mail, asking everyone at the Church I used to attend, before I moved to my present location, to pray for the total restoration of my hearing. 

Yesterday I received a copy of the prayer requests which will be addressed during tomorrow morning's worship service at my former Church.  One of the request states:

"PPF Bill D'Andrea, who suddenly developed hearing loss.  Please pray for the doctor to diagnose the problem and for Bill to have total restoration of his hearing."

Amen.

I also pray that a doctor and hearing aid will not be necessary; but that my hearing will be restored on  its own, as a Work of the Lord.  I ask in Jesus Name.  Amen. 

• Like 3

This spring, I received a questionnaire inquiring about the possibility of my doing jury duty. Due to several health issues with which I deal, my husband thought I shouldn't serve. One morning, after a particularly rough   beginning, I called my primary care doctor and asked for a letter that would excuse me from jury duty.  I gave the person on the other end of the line several choices for the doctor to choose from. She told the court in the letter she gave me that I had a hearing loss.  Since then, one of those trials was about an 18- month-old boy who lost his life due to the mother's boyfriend mistreating the little one. I am very thankful that I did not have to serve on that jury.

• Like 2

This morning I sent an e-mail to the Church which I now attend, requesting prayer for my hearing problem.

I've received a reply from a woman who's a member of the Church.  She says that her husband is a physician, and "has offered to look in your ears on Sunday."

I agreed to the appointment at the Church.   Then I'll know exactly what the problem is, and what should be done to have it corrected.  

I've tried to make an appointment for an examination at a local audiologist clinic, but I'm having trouble using their website.  I also have no idea how much they charge, and I've been told that hearing aids are very expensive.  I'm sure the expenses would be covered by my Medicare and Medicaid accounts, but I have no idea how much I'd still have to spend.

It's comforting to know that the examination, which will probably last five minutes, will be taking place in a private room inside the Church, which has a Spirit filled Congregation, who will be praying for me

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

On Sunday at the Church, I attended a prayer meeting before Worship.  That's when I told the people there about my hearing problem.  One man told me that I should inform the Pastor, who would pray for me with the laying on of hands.  Things were just too hectic at that time, so wasn't able to speak to the Pastor.

Now, I figure he'll probably be present, when the Doctor examines my ears.  Then the Pastor will pray for me with the laying on of hands.  Or it might be the other way around.  Whatever way it's done, this means that my hearing might actually be restored on Sunday morning.   Then it won't have to pay a cent for any medical treatment.  Except for the Doctor who's offered to examine my ears.  Then whatever he charges, will be covered entirely by Medicare and Medicaid. 

Praise the Lord.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 1

William: When I had my latest issue with hearing, this spring. I asked our former pastor to anoint me with oil during Sunday service. The prayers of the people helped me experience the clearing up of my issue. However, I did keep the appointment I made to see the ear doctor. She scheduled me for another appointment but I didn't believe I needed it, so I canceled it. I talked with our then-pastor early in the week.

26 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

One man told me that I should inform the Pastor, who would pray for me with the laying on of hands.  Things were just too hectic at that time, so wasn't able to speak to the Pastor.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, quietspirit said:

I asked our former pastor to anoint me with oil during Sunday service. 

The man who suggested that I speak to the Pastor also mentioned anointing with oil.  However it's done, I'm looking forward to being truly blessed this coming Sunday.

• Like 2

My hearing is beginning to improve on its own, without an expensive hearing aid, or medical treatment. 

Yesterday morning I attended worship at the local Church I mentioned earlier.  I spoke with the Pastor who had read my e-mail prayer request.  Before Worship began he prayed for me.

Then last evening, I noticed that my television sounded much louder than it had since I first developed the problem.  That's when I'd had to turn up the volume.   Last evening, I was able to lower the sound to a comfortable level.  It's still louder than what had been normal, before the problem started.  I ask for prayers that my hearing will continue to restore itself to what it had been, and I'll be able to lower the TV volume to where it was originally set. 

I thank all of your for your prayers.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

My hearing is beginning to improve on its own, without an expensive hearing aid, or medical treatment. 

Praise the Lord!