Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
KR LaLonde

Book #1: An anthology of transformations

I am going to write this anthology. And because it will consist of more than one story, I'm sure I'll need quite a lot of help. I'm not sure the story I mentioned before The Farmer is the best one to start with. It probably shouldn't even be in this anthology, since it's about the transformations in our lives from salvation on.

Therefore, The Farmer is out for now. I was thinking just today of writing the first story about a caterpillar/butterfly. The title I've come up with for it is: Spread your Wings. What do you think? Or does that make you think of a bird instead?

@Sarah Daffy

@HK1

@Zee

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KR LaLonde said:

Spread your Wings. What do you think? Or does that make you think of a bird instead?

I like it!  Go for it :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KR LaLonde said:

I just don't think it's usually said about butterflies.

Probably not, but I've never heard of the bird effect, only the butterfly effect (the idea that small causes may have large effects in general and in weather). 

• Like 2

Believe it or not, I have a couple of sentences written for it already. I guess I'll be starting with this one.

• Like 1

Just now, KR LaLonde said:

Believe it or not, I have a couple of sentences written for it already. I guess I'll be starting with this one.

Good for you. 

• Thanks 1

What would you think about a book that starts out with this?

"Seriously? You think cars should be free? What made you think of that?" His sister's incredulous tone informed NameUnknown that his statement overstepped the laws of reason. Hers, anyway.

• Like 1

Possible dedication: This book is a collection of comparisons between the human life and the spiritual change leading to salvation. This change is brought about by faith, something eternal and life-changing.

Or would that go on the front of the cover, usually?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

"Seriously? You think cars should be free? What made you think of that?" His sister's incredulous tone informed NameUnknown that his statement overstepped the laws of reason. Hers, anyway.

👍

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

Possible dedication: This book is a collection of comparisons between the human life and the spiritual change leading to salvation. This change is brought about by faith, something eternal and life-changing. 

I'm not sure if that would be a dedication. Usually in the dedication the book is dedicated to someone. 

• Thanks 1

Is "NameUnknown" the brother's name? What's the sister's name?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

I'm not sure. A quote, maybe?

Except it's not an actual quote.

• Like 1

Sorry, it didn't cross my mind that "NameUnknown" meant you hadn't named him yet. Again, sorry! 😱

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

Except it's not an actual quote.

Hmm. . .

No reason to apologize.

Though I admit, no one would actually name their character NameUnknown. LOL

• Like 1