Jump to content

Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
KR LaLonde

Book #1: An anthology of transformations

Recommended Posts

So after some considering and struggling with the pros and cons of making my current project public, I've decided to go ahead and start a topic in the public forum. I admit I may not post everything here, but I'd really appreciate any help I can get. If that works for you, great! I'd love to get feedback as I'm writing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

So after some considering and struggling with the pros and cons of making my current project public, I've decided to go ahead and start a topic in the public forum. I admit I may not post everything here, but I'd really appreciate any help I can get. If that works for you, great! I'd love to get feedback as I'm writing.

Alright. Post your questions and I'll see what I can do. Sound like a deal? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course!!

But just so you know, I'll be asking others, also. Maybe it can give me different perspectives from which to write.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

Of course!!

But just so you know, I'll be asking others, also. Maybe it can give me different perspectives from which to write.

OK, great!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've taken a lot of notes over the years in church services with the intention of writing stories about a Christian. Be it a youngster or an adult, the change in them can truly be considered a miracle.

 

I want to make it relatable to those in the world. Which is why I'd like to write short stories about the different ways we can look at salvation. The changes it makes in a person's life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

Which is why I'd like to write short stories about the different ways we can look at salvation. The changes it makes in a person's life.

Sounds like a good idea!  Go for it :D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try sharing some on the critique forum and we'll be happy to read and help.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2019 at 1:02 PM, Zee said:

Try sharing some on the critique forum and we'll be happy to read and help.

I thought this was in the critique forum... Not sure how to move it there now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I'll be sharing it anytime soon after all. :( It's starting to sound terrible. Not to mention keeping things short has never been something I do very easily. 😕

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KR LaLonde said:

I don't think I'll be sharing it anytime soon after all. :( It's starting to sound terrible. Not to mention keeping things short has never been something I do very easily. 😕

DO NOT SAY THAT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sarah Daffy said:

DO NOT SAY THAT.

Amen!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But I'm already struggling.

know I should write shorter pieces. Not only does my attention span require it, but friends have told me I'd be better off writing short. :( 

It's already at nearly 500 words.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KR LaLonde said:

But I'm already struggling.

know I should write shorter pieces. Not only does my attention span require it, but friends have told me I'd be better off writing short. :( 

It's already at nearly 500 words.

OK. First of all, that is NOT too long. I have an anthology  that I've read and some of the chapters probably have 6,000 or 7,000 words, give or take a few. I am not kidding.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KR LaLonde said:

It's already at nearly 500 words.

Here's my advice: write the story.  After you finish, you can go back and see if anything needs to be trimmed down.  :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

...that I've read and some of the chapters probably have 6,000 or 7,000 words, give or take a few. I am not kidding.

Seriously? Chapters?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HK1 said:

Here's my advice: write the story

I don't know how many times I've heard this. I don't know why I struggle with doing it. It's good, sound advice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KR LaLonde said:

Seriously? Chapters?

Yep. Tons of chapters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. I guess I can share what I have so far. Maybe you can help me finish it. What do you say?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TITLE: The Farmer (though I don't like it much)

 

*moved to critique forum*

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done, though you might want to post it in the critique forum if you want critiques. I like your style of writing. Two things:

4 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

 Adeline Grace

Love that name!

 

4 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

I’m hungry,

Unless this is in italics, don't forget quotations.

 

Great work!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said above: I forgot to change thought to italics.

 

So you like it, huh? Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KR LaLonde said:

Like I said above: I forgot to change thought to italics.

Ok, that's what I thought.

 

Is that all that you have of this story, or is there more?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KR LaLonde said:

I forgot to change the thoughts to italics again!!

Don't worry about it :)  I identified the thoughts easily!

 

You've got a good start here.  What I think you need to do is get the whole story down before you start criticizing your writing or the plot.  Once you have everything down, you'll have a framework that will probably just need a couple adjustments.

 

And as @Sarah Daffy said, you've got a great writing style!  Keep up the good work!  :D 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.