Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Scribewriter

Is there a Space online Where Authors share material Written in the Old English Style of the King James?

Hello all,

I am interested in communicating with others about writing that imitates the King James Style. 

Are there known groups which practice this form of writing?  Can anyone give me a pointer or two?

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Humbly,

SW

• Like 1

I'm sure something exists somewhere but I've never come across one. Scribewriter, I hope you'll hop over to Meet and Greet and introduce yourself so everyone will know you are here and can welcome you. :)

• Like 1

Nice to meet you, Scribewriter! :D

The internet is so vast, if you search hard enough, I'm sure you'll run across something to do with what you're looking for. It's an interesting thought; I have always loved the way KJV was written, and it would be lovely for someone to write in that style today!

Maybe there are books on the subject at Amazon or something. :)

Why Brother!  Startest thou a site!  Me thinks t'would be most enlightening and entertaining to interact and participate in such an exercise of magnificent language!  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nicola said:

Why Brother!  Startest thou a site!  Me thinks t'would be most enlightening and entertaining to interact and participate in such an exercise of magnificent language!  

Wow!  I didn't expect such warmth and excitement.  Other sites have ridiculed me for similar questions.  Thank you for this!  You know...Trolling culture...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scribewriter said:

Other sites have ridiculed me for similar questions.  Thank you for this!  You know...Trolling culture...

Well, what do they know??! BAH! 😝

Thou couldst mayhap begin upon a club here, whithall to scribe the beauteous speech.  Countest thou me therein enrolled!  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

O how I might be  of such status that I shant have the ilk for such making of a Club... For upon this magic scroll have I thus stumbled only recently.  I woulest that ye should suggest to me a way by which I shall earn the vigor forthwith.

Edited by Scribewriter
  • Like 1

SW, which now we have two or even three SWs, the system may require that you 10 posts, which you have surpassed. So the system may need to catch up. If you still have trouble instituting a new group, post about in support. We'll see if we can straighten it out for you . :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scribewriter said:

Ye Olde Gutenberg... a name by which we should call our gatherin' place.

Oh, and this sounds like a great name for the group! :D

• Like 1

Certainly seems like a fitting name for the subject.  I don't think I'd be capable of managing to type in that style but it is amusing to read.  :P

• Like 1