Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
William D'Andrea

other I'm just beginning to develop ideas for a new work of Christian fiction.

I'm not sure if this the right place to post this.  After a considerable amount of time, I've suddenly begun to develop ideas for a new work of Christian fiction.

What I'm thinking about is an Earthlike Planet, where that World's Adam and Eve do not eat the forbidden fruit, before they've begotten children.  Several generations may pass, until one of them finally takes a bite.  Then this would become a world of both lost sinners, like Earth People who are in need of Salvation, and uncorrupted people who need no Savior.

Like I said, I've just begun thinking about this.  I'm actually not sure if my ideas will go any further. Does anyone have any ideas about how to develop the plot and characters?    

• Like 2

It sounds really deep, William! It would hold my attention! Well, as far as plot development goes...I'm not sure what to say. What you have so far already sounds really good! How many generations would you say it would be before somebody becomes tempted to bite the fruit? 

As far as characters go, I think it would be an interesting concept to then have the corrupted members of society try to seduce the uncorrupted people the same way they were seduced into trying the fruit. The truly strong ones among the uncorrupted people could be the ones who have truly put their faith in God to shield them from sin, see what I mean? But then, maybe that's a bad idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erin Cook said:

The truly strong ones among the uncorrupted people could be the ones who have truly put their faith in God to shield them from sin, see what I mean? But then, maybe that's a bad idea. 

No.  This is a good idea.   There'd also, probably be repentant people among the corrupted, who seek help from the non-corrupted.  That could lead to conflicts with the non-repentant.

That idea does look like some kind of plot might be developing.

• Like 2

Here's another idea.  The Righteous must be continually on their guard.  Doing all they can to keep out the Corrupted ones, who are constantly attempting to find their way back into that planet's Garden of Eden.

I think this may be the narrative's focus; or the beginning conflict.  

• Like 2

That's an awesome idea!! The Garden of Eden must always be kept pure, and the corrupted people are perhaps trying to invade it and spread their agenda throughout it. 

You know, this is the first real collaboration I've done with anyone as a writer; it's a neat feeling! I wish you the very best with this story; we can keep going over more ideas together! :!

• Like 1

I first got the idea for this story yesterday afternoon.  Now I think I've got an idea for the plot.

The corrupted people who've been cast out of the Garden of Eden, are unable to re-enter the Earthly Paradise.  However, those who weren't corrupted are able to both leave and re-enter without hinderance.  Those who remain inside the Garden, are not incorruptible.  They are also tempted, and some of them give in.

What I'm thinking is that there could be a conspiracy between some of the outcast people, and some residents of the Garden.  This would be an attempt to smuggle fruit from the Tree of Life to some of the outcast people.

I think that would make a good plot; though it would still take a considerable amount of planning, before I begin the actual writing. 

• Like 2

You've got a good start, though; sounds like an excellent plot to me! You could just do what I do: just take a notebook and begin systematically writing down everything you have planned; start formulating the main characters in your mind and get the feel of what each of their individual looks and personalities are and then you can begin outlining your chapters. (Which I personally always find a pain to do, but it helps me keep track of what's going on and who's doing what and when this and that are supposed to take place...but in my mind I'm screaming to myself, "Come on with the story already! I just wanna get the thing written!" I just wanna sit down & write. LOL 😡😡😖😖😂😂)

Thank you again.

I've just begun the writing.  Here is the opening moment of the story, which is all I have written so far.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A Different Eden

By William D’Andrea

The voice of God called out, “Where are you?”

Every one of the hundreds of villagers living in the Garden of Eden had heard him call out.  His voice sounded like thunder.

They heard Him call out again.  “Why are you hiding?”

This time they felt the ground beneath their feet tremble at the sound of His thundering voice.

Eve said to Adam, “The Lord God sounds angry.”

“Right.”  He told her, “In all the six generations since we were created, I’ve never heard the Lord God speak with anger.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

After this I will be posting the rest of this writing in the Critique and Feedback Section of this website, where I believe it actually belongs.

Thank you.

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.