Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
yawarakai

It all happens at once

First I had to replace a new tire because the hole was too close to the sidewall, then the computer went.  Now I am replacing the blower on my car because it decided to go and the oven keeps setting off the carbon monoxide alarm.  Then this morning I go downstairs and the freezer thawed out so for breakfast we had pirogi, BBQ meatballs creme puffs coffee cake donuts and burgers.

• Like 2

Oh, dear! That's not fair. Misfortunes are supposed to come in threes. No fair to add another. ;) So sorry about all this. Sometimes, it all comes in bunches. Maybe your bunches are over for a while. I had a thought on the oven. Maybe it's setting off the alarm because it needs to be cleaned??? Praying all works out well. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yawarakai said:

First I had to replace a new tire because the hole was too close to the sidewall, then the computer went.  Now I am replacing the blower on my car because it decided to go and the oven keeps setting off the carbon monoxide alarm.  Then this morning I go downstairs and the freezer thawed out so for breakfast we had pirogi, BBQ meatballs creme puffs coffee cake donuts and burgers.

I'm so sorry, @yawarakai. Praying. But hey! You got to have creme puffs, coffee cake, and donuts for breakfast! That doesn't happen every day! 😊🙏

• Like 1

Bummer ...  But burgers for breakfast don't sound like a bad idea anyway.  Add a fried egg into the mix you get a premium burger on the menu of a, now possibly defunct, burger chain.  Red Robin's burger, the Royal Red Robin. ...  They were a tad over priced when burgers just as good could be purchased from a nearby place.

• Like 2

Wow, sounds like you've had quite a time!! Praying things will start looking up for you from now on! But the breakfast sounds yummy, anyway. 😁 

• Like 1

Well the stove is still under warranty with Sears and the freezer is also.  My thought was unplug it for a while and see if it reset it, but my mom called the repair people and while talking to them they could hear it and they told her to unplug it for an hour and let the ice around the compressor melt.  It turns out that my dad left it open overnight and the compressor froze trying to keep it cool.  We did wind up tossing a lot of items, but at least we cleaned out the freezer finally.  And I made $10 from the apple butter that thawed.  A guy at work bought 2 quarts, one regular and one cranberry. I told him eat it fast as it is natural, no preservatives.  The other 4 quarts went to family members.

• Like 1

Ya it is under warranty so that will be taken care of tomorrow.  However the list of things to be done is never ending anymore <sigh>  I wonder where all the time goes.  How is it even June all ready, the county fair comes up in just over a month and I don't have my entries ready.

• Like 1

I know; it seems like I was just on my last vacation in GA last year; it feels like it was yesterday, and now here I am about to leave for GA again this Sunday! 😱😱