Beta Readers Needed for Middle Eastern Novel

I have a novel (through several revisions and already edited) ready for beta readers. It's set in the Middle East, where I have lived (and still do) for much of the past decade, and is a fictionalized version of my experiences here set against the broader background of current events in the region (i.e. war, terrorism, oppression of religious minorities including Christians, etc.). I take some liberties with geography and the sequence of events, of course. Let me know if you are interested -- I would also like to beta read your works in exchange and read almost all genres.

Click on the messenger icon, start a new topic, type in your person's name, write out your message, and send it. Or you can click on your person's profile, hit message, type out your message, and send.

Oh, and, valuable piece of knowledge that I learned from Alley, if you're ever going to give someone your email address or any personal information, always make sure you PM it instead of posting it in the open Forums. You never know who might get a hold of it.

Just now, Erin Cook said:

Absolutely, thanks for the heads-up! I'm a very cautious person. :)

You're welcome! If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to ask!! Always happy to help!! 😁😊:D

35 minutes ago, Erin Cook said:

Sure!! Actually, I think I've used before, now that I've seen what it is; but, uh, I don't think I've ever sent a PDF file through it before...

Okay, so do you want me to send a PM to you?

You could probably attach the pdf file as a document with the message, if the pdf file is stored in your documents along with your other files.

6 minutes ago, BKHunter said:

Unfortunately, it says I'm not allowed to send PMs for some reason....

I think you need something like 10 posts before you can use it.  You're at 4 right now :)

9 hours ago, HK1 said:

I think you need something like 10 posts before you can use it.  You're at 4 right now :)

HK is correct. The PM system and the critique forum both require 10+ comments. This keeps spammers from posting to either one immediately. Just roam around and find other threads of interest to comment on and you'll quickly make the limit. :D

34 minutes ago, BKHunter said:

Hmm ... it looks like you can only attach photo-type attachments. What about PDFs?

Well, if it's stored in your Documents, then you should be able to attach it.

Archived