Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Alley

Prayer request

Hello everyone. I wanted to ask for some prayers. As many of you know, I had surgery a few weeks ago. Well, there have been some complications, and things are not healing the way they should. They made a last-ditch effort to avoid redoing the surgery yesterday, and now I not only hurt but feel awful! They have given me one week to show progress, or I will have to go back and have a more invasive procedure. 

Thank you! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Oh, dear! Alley, I'm so sorry. Praying the Lord intervenes and brings total recovery so nothing more is needed. Keep us posted. 🧡

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh no!  That's horrible!  I just prayed, and I will keep praying.  Definitely keep us posted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh my, of course we will pray for you, thank you for letting us know.

Lord, your daughter, Alley is hurting and needs your healing touch. The Doctors also need your guidance. Please Lord, provide the Doctors and Alley continued guidance, and healing. Relieve her pain and provide her with peace and comfort. Be with her family as well, providing calmness and cooperation as they help Alley to relax and give you the opportunity to heal her. In Jesus name; Amen.

We're here for you Alley.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm so sorry to hear this! :( I'll definitely be praying. Please keep us posted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope things start looking up for you after this. Even the easiest of surgery recoveries can be rough with young kids about.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh my, I'll be fighting for you in prayer, Ms. Alley! I hope and pray that things go smoothly. Praying also that the Lord will fill your mind and soul with peace in the coming week. 😌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

definite prayers. Jesus didn't take those stripes for the fun of it. they were for you and every other person who needs healing. I claim those healing stripes on you behalf in the name of Yeshua the Messiah. amen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just seen this! I don't often pop into these parts of the forum. I'll be praying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alley!! I’m so sorry to hear this news. ☹️ Lots and lots of prayers!! Please keep us posted as you are able, and in the meantime, know that we are praying. 🙏🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alley, been thinking and praying for you the last week. How are you doing? Skip if they think you've gained progress. Do you feel as if you have? (Really really. Not the "How are you?" with the expectation of "Fine" kind of question. Really really. "How are you doing?" question.)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spaulding said:

(Really really. Not the "How are you?" with the expectation of "Fine" kind of question. Really really. "How are you doing?" question.)

Thank you for asking! 

I've struggled all week with a migraine, and it's been a bad one. In short, I feel cruddy! I have also learned this will be a longer term thing, and will need to be at the doctor ever week for the foreseeable future.  Yes, that is talking in the terms of years, not weeks.  

However, on the plus side I just got done at the doctor's and I do not have to redo the surgery!! Praise God, he is good!!!!!  

Edited by Alley
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Alley said:

However, on the plus side I just got done at the doctor's and I do not have to redo the surgery!! Praise God, he is good!!!!! 

Yes!!!!!!!!!! 

Praying for you !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, Alley, so glad you won't need another surgery. But still praying for you to be healed! 🧡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most people look forward to vacation. We look forward to a whole week without a doctor's appointment. No idea if that will ever happen again, so I do get the argh of that.

Will weekly doctor visit mean no-migraine-someday? (In this life. I do get NO migraine or any other health problems ever-ever again, in eternity.)

And, yay on the no-surgery.

• Like 1

Alley, I am praising God that you do not have to redo the surgery!!

I am SO sorry though that these frequent doctor visits are necessary. I will be praying the need miraculously subsides!

• Like 1

alley, I use to get migraines so bad that I could not even lift my head to vomit-unfortunately a side affect that so often accompanies the most severe migraines for some of you who have never had one.  one horrible night my husband and young daughters laid hands on me and I haven't had one since. that was about 27 years ago. I am so sorry for your suffering and pray with all my heart for you to get your miracle asap. as I said before Yeshua did not take his stripes for nothing. I am still believing in your healing.

• Thanks 1